Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Insulate know on lid of cooking pot

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 4 Jun 2020 11:09:28 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:02:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:03:57 -0400, wrote:

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.
I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.
https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8
Thanks.

These might be a bit slippery .. perhaps a strong
twist-tie would hold it on ?
https://tinyurl.com/y6urn4w6
John T.

Thanks. Clever idea. :-)
Since I only hand wash, I will glue them.
Andy

Good luck - trying to glue silicon to glass ...
safely on a cooking lid ...
John T.

.. sorry - not a glass knob, but stainless steel -
Have you tried just replacing the knob with an
old fashioned bakelite one ?
John T.

Thanks.

I already ordered the silicone cupcake holder.

You'll use that to cover the know? It can sit there the whole time
without obstructing the view like a ???

Or you'll take off the know and run its screw through the cupcake holder

If it does not work, I will use a wooden knob like they use on drawers.

Andy