MUADIB®

Default What ever happened to service manuals?

I remember years ago that all companies were required by law to sell a
service manual or at least enough drawings and parts lists so that a
technician could disassemble and work on their products. I was thinking it
was 7 years? Sure seems like that law no longer being enforced.

In my case, I have an Olympus C700 digital camera, 2-3 years old with a
power drainage problem. This should be a simple matter to isolate but I'm
finding only operator/user info available. None of the camera repair shops
in the LA area even work on this model bcause they have no documentation
from Olympus. I have taken the camera completely apart (yes, and back
together) and it is very simple to do, but not seeing anything obvious, like
burned points, bad contacts, etc., I can't do much else until I know the
test points, etc.

Fred, Sorry I can't help you with the service manual Issue. It's one
of my big peaves too. However I will offer some advice on fixing the
camera.

One of the guys at a Dealership (automotive) that I visit daily does
this for a side gig.

He buys cameras and other electronics off of eBay and pieces together
broken ones and gets them for dirt, and makes a pretty healthy profit
on many of the items. He says that cameras make him the most money,
because they are not worth much to many people unless they are
complete operating units. See about finding some used, possible broken
ones on eBay and see if you can get a matching part , say a board or
something to fix the one you've got.

Just an Idea anyway.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it is. If you don't, it's its.
Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's. It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours
and theirs. -- Oxford University Press, Edpress News