Posted to alt.home.repair

Default practical advice about virus cleaning

An interesting, worth=while article about the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/w...=pocket-newtab

I think if you register at the NYT you get more free articles a month
than if you don't. Maybe 5 or 5 more.

I think this page is like that, but I found a page for another newspaper
that only allows registration if you pay, so they're not all like that.

Some clever guy will make a lot of money when he organizes bundling of
newspaper sites. Because most people only look at the same paper a few
times a month, and they don't want to pay 100 here, 200 there, a 1000 a
year for maybe 20 to 40 articles. But if they had 20 or 40 articles,
or even only 10, a month that they could spread out over 10 papers, they
would pay 100 a year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/2020 8:38 AM, micky wrote:
An interesting, worth=while article about the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/w...=pocket-newtab

I think if you register at the NYT you get more free articles a month
than if you don't. Maybe 5 or 5 more.

I think this page is like that, but I found a page for another newspaper
that only allows registration if you pay, so they're not all like that.

Some clever guy will make a lot of money when he organizes bundling of
newspaper sites. Because most people only look at the same paper a few
times a month, and they don't want to pay 100 here, 200 there, a 1000 a
year for maybe 20 to 40 articles. But if they had 20 or 40 articles,
or even only 10, a month that they could spread out over 10 papers, they
would pay 100 a year.

Why would I pay for "news" authored by a bunch of America-hating lefty libtard fiction writers?Â* Good grief!

--
Get off my lawn!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 08:38:59 -0400, micky
wrote:

An interesting, worth=while article about the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/w...=pocket-newtab

I think if you register at the NYT you get more free articles a month
than if you don't. Maybe 5 or 5 more.

It let my dog read the article because he has a facebook account.

The short answer is these guys say this is tough to get if you are not
sneezed on. That is strange coming from the hot spot of the US. I am
operating with a bit more caution. I wash my hands a lot but I also
wash my face a lot. Just watching a demo with U/V powder, I saw how an
incidental contact between a contaminated hand and a cheek or forehead
can go from harmless to encroaching on the danger zone around your
mouth and nose, maybe hours later when you are off guard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

An interesting, worth=while article about the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/w...=pocket-newtab

I think if you register at the NYT you get more free articles a month
than if you don't. Maybe 5 or 5 more.

It let my dog read the article because he has a facebook account.

The short answer is these guys say this is tough to get if you are not
sneezed on.

I woudln't call that the short answer. I don't think it says that. It
listed specific things that it said were not dangerous, but it didn't
say not to touch things or not to touch your face.

Not every article is comprehenisve.

The article is easy to read. People can read the article and decide for
themselves.