Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you know what tubingt is made of?

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/14/20 10:31 AM, micky wrote:
I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

9"

think you are just bragging
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:31:04 -0400, micky
wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...sf/A-p8576688e

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...sf/A-p8576548e

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...sf/A-p8576548e

Â* Are you sure it's not pex ?

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...sf/A-p8576548e

Â* Are you sure it's not pex ?

My bet is vinyl but it could be PEX. These days PEX is usually red and
blue. PEX is stiffer and thicker than vinyl.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:31:04 -0400, micky
wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

That it, it collapses and folds at the end that is supported. It folds
so completely at that one point that points straight down and it doesn't
have to bend anywhere else. . I should have asid this because the two
hub suggested will bend over but they won't fold so that the lower side
hits the upper side, inside.

I don't know how else to describe how soft it is.

I don't thik posting a picture would add anything.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around.Â* Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...sf/A-p8576548e

Â* Are you sure it's not pex ?

I've never messed w/ pex much at all -- is there clear pex?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/14/2020 9:45 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:02:18 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...sf/A-p8576548e

Â* Are you sure it's not pex ?

My bet is vinyl but it could be PEX. These days PEX is usually red and
blue. PEX is stiffer and thicker than vinyl.

It is also way stiffer than described.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

That it, it collapses and folds at the end that is supported. It folds
so completely at that one point that points straight down and it doesn't
have to bend anywhere else. . I should have asid this because the two
hub suggested will bend over but they won't fold so that the lower side
hits the upper side, inside.

I don't know how else to describe how soft it is.

I don't thik posting a picture would add anything.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

Sounds like latex or silicone or PVC surgical tubing.

something like this??
https://www.exaltcustomtubing.com/ul...al-tubing.html

Is it stretchy?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around.* Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...sf/A-p8576548e

* Are you sure it's not pex ?

I've never messed w/ pex much at all -- is there clear pex?

Pex is generally pretty rigid too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 14 Apr 2020 12:45:24 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:02:18 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...sf/A-p8576548e

* Are you sure it's not pex ?

My bet is vinyl but it could be PEX. These days PEX is usually red and
blue. PEX is stiffer and thicker than vinyl.

Right. It's not PEX and it's not braided, which would be much too
stiff. I don't think it's the first one hub suggested either because I
think it's walls are too thick and it's too clear. this stuff is cloudy
until it's light white. You can still things that are in there but
can't make out details.

But I look at a page likw this and don't see anthing that looks like it:
https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/de...kid=topnavmenu

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/14/2020 11:42 AM, philo wrote:
On 4/14/20 10:31 AM, micky wrote:
I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around.* Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

9"

think you are just bragging

But not about the thinness and flop.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around.Â* Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...sf/A-p8576548e

Â*Â* Are you sure it's not pex ?

I've never messed w/ pex much at all -- is there clear pex?

--

There is a white but not really clear like vinyl, more opaque. You can
see the fluid in it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have some 1/2" OD tubing, cloudy clear, thin wall, and what makes it
unsual compared to other tubing is that it flops around. Nine inches
might support itself from one end, but more than that bends and flops.

That it, it collapses and folds at the end that is supported. It folds
so completely at that one point that points straight down and it doesn't
have to bend anywhere else. . I should have asid this because the two
hub suggested will bend over but they won't fold so that the lower side
hits the upper side, inside.

I don't know how else to describe how soft it is.

I don't thik posting a picture would add anything.

***

I may want to buy more.

Do you know what it is made of?

Sounds like latex or silicone or PVC surgical tubing.

something like this??
https://www.exaltcustomtubing.com/ul...al-tubing.html

Is it stretchy?

Yes, it's stretchy. I didn't know that until I tried just now,

And your link is exactly right. Thank you so much.

How did you figure it out on what little I gave you?

From the url: 'Sizes: ID’s & OD’s from .010-.750", Lengths from .250"'

So they sell lengths starting at a quarter of an inch! LOL

That's good because a lot of places make you buy a whole roll.

***It's the description that makes me know it's the right stuff. The
picture looks like pictures of many other materials.

Its advantage is that it's soft enough to close completely with not much
pressure and soft/flexible enough to open again as soon as the clamp is
released. And it folds up for carrying to whatever length one wants.
Maybe that's the most important part in my case.

(I'm not sick but I may have mentioned that I'm fat, and this is for an
anti-feeding tube. I may not need it but I want to plan ahead. )

The link is from Exalt Custom Tubing, Extrusion Alternnatives, and it
sounds like they make this stuff to order. Maybe they are serious
about making a quarter inch. No, they coudln't be.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

A long life of varied experience and "clare"ifying issues, I guess.
I've been exposed to a LOT of different technology, done a LOT of
reading and research intoa LOT of subjects.

It's like when people ask how I spell my last name (there are 3
pretty common spellings here) and I say, "not the rich ones, with the
nei" (Schneider - the meat, transport, and electrical products) and
"not the egotistical ones with the I" (snider)" but the curious one -
with the Y"

From the url: 'Sizes: ID’s & OD’s from .010-.750", Lengths from .250"'

So they sell lengths starting at a quarter of an inch! LOL

That's good because a lot of places make you buy a whole roll.

***It's the description that makes me know it's the right stuff. The
picture looks like pictures of many other materials.

Its advantage is that it's soft enough to close completely with not much
pressure and soft/flexible enough to open again as soon as the clamp is
released. And it folds up for carrying to whatever length one wants.
Maybe that's the most important part in my case.

(I'm not sick but I may have mentioned that I'm fat, and this is for an
anti-feeding tube. I may not need it but I want to plan ahead. )

The link is from Exalt Custom Tubing, Extrusion Alternnatives, and it
sounds like they make this stuff to order. Maybe they are serious
about making a quarter inch. No, they coudln't be.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:02:18 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Are you sure it wasn't rubber? Like surgical tubing?