Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Headlight restoration

I am working on restoring one of my headlights that is a little cloudy.

I saw that kits contain different grades of sandpaper, so I bought some
800,1000, and 3000 grit.

I started with the 3000 since my lenses were not real bad.

Used a sprayer of water and went to work.

The water got dark, so it must have removed some material.

When it dried the lens was clearer, but it had small scratches on it.

I used some Nanowax and it filled a lot of the scratches, but it is only temporary.

I found it hard to believe that 3000 grit would leave any visible scratches.

I have found 5000,7000, and 8000 grit sandpaper.

Would one of those NOT leave visible scratches?

Thanks,
Andy