Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laundry room vent to attic ?

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 18:11:21 -0500, Hawk wrote:

On 2/23/2020 4:27 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 08:40:36 -0500, slate_leeper
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 23:10:50 -0500, Hawk wrote:

On 2/22/2020 5:04 PM, wrote:
I live in a condo, and making holes in outside walls is very tricky. Association wont approve and b very upset if I do anything w/o asking.

Joining the two or venting to the attic is the easiest solution.

Venting to the attic WILL provide a great deal of moisture which will
result in mold and could rot the framing and ruin the attic insulation,
and lint from the dryer could create other problems. Most importantly,
it's against IRC.

Our old house in NY state was vented this way. We lived there 27
years. No problems. Passed home inspection when we sold it.

Most "home inspectors" are clueless and half blind.

Same here. License not required to be a home inspector in my state.
Unbelievable. I could make business cards, start advertising and
probably make decent money doing it, if only I didn't care about my
reputation.

Just for grins I started hanging out on the HACHI web site and I took
the test. For $350 I could have been a HACHI "certified" Home
Inspector. The "test" was a joke and some of the "right" answers were
wrong. The working Home Inspectors there were asking the same kinds of
questions people ask here and getting a lot of bad answers. Bear in
mind, people were paying these guys.
The strange thing is, when Florida started licensing Home Inspectors,
just waving that $350 HACHI certification.
Even with that license, here are a few things the HI missed at my
kid's house.

The light in the closet
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/Closet%20light.jpg

The fan "light kit".
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/Fan%20Light.jpg

The water heater connection
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/Water%20Heater.jpg

They also missed a 12+ foot unprotected SE cable inside a wall and the
fact that there was one whole room with zero receptacles. Someone had
a handy box surface mounted on the wall with a duplex in it and Romex
going through the wall where it was plugged into a receptacle in the
next room.

That was just the electrical.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Sounds about right. They likely noticed a cracked light switch plate
and a faucet handle that was clocked about 15 degrees off - - - or
mabee where someone had put their fist through a wall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

They actually complained about some brick pavers that belonged to the
neighbor.