Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Favored news sources

I stumbled upon this site displaying the rankings of what news sources
people consider biased/unbiased.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most...-8#16-ap-23-16

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 8:16:44 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
I stumbled upon this site displaying the rankings of what news sources
people consider biased/unbiased.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most...-8#16-ap-23-16

It's a popularity contest. That might work for electing the prom queen,
but it's irrelevant in identifying bias in the media.

Try these guys:

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 6:19:04 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 8:16:44 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
I stumbled upon this site displaying the rankings of what news sources
people consider biased/unbiased.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most...-8#16-ap-23-16

It's a popularity contest. That might work for electing the prom queen,
but it's irrelevant in identifying bias in the media.

Try these guys:

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

Cindy Hamilton

The most striking thing is how whacked out Republicans are that they
actually believe Fox is unbiased? And what exactly is Fox News?
All of it or just a small segment that is more news based? Sounds
like it's the whole thing, in which case it's stunning that even
Republicans could think that with the likes of Hannity and Carlson
there, that it's not biased. I think most of the mainstream media
leans to the left, MSNBC leans way to the left, CNN pretty hard left,
Fox hard right. But many in that survey think the media actually lie.
I don't think that's true. The bias is in the area of what stories
they choose to run, what angle they cover them from, etc. The basic
facts, they don't lie about. It's also quite amazing that they think
the media lie, but they support and enable the biggest, most prolific
liar this country has ever seen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/06/2020 04:18 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 8:16:44 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
I stumbled upon this site displaying the rankings of what news sources
people consider biased/unbiased.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most...-8#16-ap-23-16

It's a popularity contest. That might work for electing the prom queen,
but it's irrelevant in identifying bias in the media.

Try these guys:

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

Those guys (Vanessa Otero) should try a competent web developer.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/all-g...-fontes-media/

Second opinion. "Overall, we rate Ad Fontes Media left leaning".
That's apparent when NPR and BBC are dead center.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 9:52:08 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/06/2020 04:18 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 8:16:44 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
I stumbled upon this site displaying the rankings of what news sources
people consider biased/unbiased.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most...-8#16-ap-23-16

It's a popularity contest. That might work for electing the prom queen,
but it's irrelevant in identifying bias in the media.

Try these guys:

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

Those guys (Vanessa Otero) should try a competent web developer.

No argument there.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/all-g...-fontes-media/

Second opinion. "Overall, we rate Ad Fontes Media left leaning".

"Left leaning". Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

And here's the rest of the story:

"For what it is worth, we think this is a decent chart that should be shared. We endorse it.

"Overall, we rate Ad Fontes Media left leaning, but least biased in sum due to methodology and High for factual reporting. (D. Van Zandt 8/16/2018) Updated (6/4/2019)"

That's apparent when NPR and BBC are dead center.

I'd expect you to use your own judgment when looking at any source.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2020 10:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

That's the problem, the judgement of most contains blinders and doesn't
allow for thinking outside the box. They deem reliable because it favors
their agenda and vice versa
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2020 6:18 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 8:16:44 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
I stumbled upon this site displaying the rankings of what news sources
people consider biased/unbiased.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most...-8#16-ap-23-16

It's a popularity contest. That might work for electing the prom queen,
but it's irrelevant in identifying bias in the media.

Try these guys:

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

Cindy Hamilton

Most polls are a popularity contest.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 12:44:44 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
On 1/6/2020 6:18 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 8:16:44 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
I stumbled upon this site displaying the rankings of what news sources
people consider biased/unbiased.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most...-8#16-ap-23-16

It's a popularity contest. That might work for electing the prom queen,
but it's irrelevant in identifying bias in the media.

Try these guys:

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

Cindy Hamilton

Most polls are a popularity contest.

I'm well aware of the limitations of polling. It's one thing to take
a poll "Who would you vote for if the election were held today?" compared
to something that's not a matter of opinion: "Is the earth flat?"

Of course, there's a range in between those two, and "are the media biased?"
falls somewhere in between.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/06/2020 08:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
"Left leaning". Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

Not necessarily, unless it involves non-binary personages parading
around with ostrich feathers up their ass, reparations to people whose
great great granddaddy might have been a slave, inviting the world over
for dinner, and other bull****. The left ain't what it used to be.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 21:16:24 -0700, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

"Left leaning". Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

Not necessarily, unless it involves non-binary personages parading
around with ostrich feathers up their ass, reparations to people whose
great great granddaddy might have been a slave, inviting the world over
for dinner, and other bull****. The left ain't what it used to be.

"Man", you got problems! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 11:16:08 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/06/2020 08:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
"Left leaning". Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

Not necessarily, unless it involves non-binary personages parading
around with ostrich feathers up their ass, reparations to people whose
great great granddaddy might have been a slave, inviting the world over
for dinner, and other bull****. The left ain't what it used to be.

You're not wrong.

Out of curiosity, I went to https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and
took the test. I came out slightly liberal and slightly libertarian.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2020 6:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 11:16:08 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/06/2020 08:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
"Left leaning". Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

Not necessarily, unless it involves non-binary personages parading
around with ostrich feathers up their ass, reparations to people whose
great great granddaddy might have been a slave, inviting the world over
for dinner, and other bull****. The left ain't what it used to be.

You're not wrong.

Out of curiosity, I went to https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and
took the test. I came out slightly liberal and slightly libertarian.

Cindy Hamilton

Interesting. I am practically dead center with a point to the right.
That means there is hope for you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 05:20:25 -0800 (PST), trader_4 wrote:

[...] the biggest, most prolific liar this country has ever seen.

Trump does not lie. If you ask him a question on a subject about which he
is unfamiliar, he simply thinks a bit until he comes up with what seems a
reasonable response. Usually this aligns closely with the opinion of his
power base, i.e. other ignorant self-righteous know-it-alls.

Because he believes he is so incredibly smart, he believes that he always
knows the truth. So even if what he says is obviously incorrect, he is not
lying. Self-deluded would be more accurate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 8:50:44 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 1/7/2020 6:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 11:16:08 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/06/2020 08:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
"Left leaning". Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

Not necessarily, unless it involves non-binary personages parading
around with ostrich feathers up their ass, reparations to people whose
great great granddaddy might have been a slave, inviting the world over
for dinner, and other bull****. The left ain't what it used to be.

You're not wrong.

Out of curiosity, I went to https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and
took the test. I came out slightly liberal and slightly libertarian.

Cindy Hamilton

Interesting. I am practically dead center with a point to the right.
That means there is hope for you.

Your result means there is hope for you.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/20 8:50 AM, Frank wrote:
On 1/7/2020 6:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 11:16:08 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/06/2020 08:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
"Left leaning".Â* Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

Not necessarily, unless it involves non-binary personages parading
around with ostrich feathers up their ass, reparations to people whose
great great granddaddy might have been a slave, inviting the world over
for dinner, and other bull****. The left ain't what it used to be.

You're not wrong.

Out of curiosity, I went to https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and
took the test.Â* I came out slightly liberal and slightly libertarian.

Cindy Hamilton

Interesting.Â* I am practically dead center with a point to the right.
That means there is hope for you.

I took that "test" and came out in the middle too- though just a point
to the right, like you.

But in fact I'm pretty conservative- financially, socially and
politically- so I doubt how valid and accurate a predictor the thing is.

--
Weve transitioned from stigmatizing mental illness to accepting mental
illness to normalizing mental illness- and more recently, to celebrating

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 9:48:59 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 1/7/20 8:50 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

It's an Internet test, a level above Cosmopolitan's "Are you and he right
for each other?" quizzes. For entertainment value only.

My problem with the test was that it had so little room for gray areas.
Some of the questions really begged for "under some circumstances" but
all I could answer was "yes" or "no". It probably judged me as more
libertarian than I really am, because if I was presented with "less
freedom" or "more freedom" I tended to choose the latter even though I
knew the answer was simplistic or unrealistic.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2020 6:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 11:16:08 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/06/2020 08:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
"Left leaning". Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

Not necessarily, unless it involves non-binary personages parading
around with ostrich feathers up their ass, reparations to people whose
great great granddaddy might have been a slave, inviting the world over
for dinner, and other bull****. The left ain't what it used to be.

You're not wrong.

Out of curiosity, I went to https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and
took the test. I came out slightly liberal and slightly libertarian.

Cindy Hamilton

Same here. I thought I'd be more centered and maybe more libertarian.
I'd like to think if you are within a couple points of center you'd be
considered "sensible". No one will ever agree on everything but we
should be able to work towards the same goals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 8:53:55 AM UTC-5, Mike_Duffy wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 05:20:25 -0800 (PST), trader_4 wrote:

[...] the biggest, most prolific liar this country has ever seen.

Trump does not lie.

That's a lie. We have endless examples of him lying, lying and lying more.
The first whopper was at one of the GOP debates, where Trump stated that
he knew Putin, he got to know him when they did 60 Minutes together.
"We were stablemates" Trump bragged. Total lie. While the segments
happened to appear the same night on TV, they were taped at different
times and at two different sides of the globe.

Another whopper was stating to America over and over that he had no business
dealings with Russia, none at all, other than selling a house to a Russian
years ago and hosting his Miss Universe contest there once. At the time
he was saying that, he had been in negotiations for a Trump tower Moscow.
Continuing to lie about that is one of the convictions that put Cohen in
prison.

Trump swored to us that his campaign had nothing to do with Russia during
the campaign, no contact at all. Then we found out about the Trump Tower
meeting that Don Jr had, where he had expressed enthusiasm for meeting
with a lawyer from the Russian govt that offered dirt on Hillary.

Trump lies about everything. He;s lied over and over about the size of
his electoral win being the biggest since Reagan. He's lied about US steel
opening 7 new steel mills across the US. They've opened none. He lied
about paying Stormy. He lied claiming that the whistleblower provided a
false account of his Ukraine call. He lied that the Mueller report totally
exonerated him. He lied about hurricane Dorian, incorrectly claiming that
Alabama was in the path and then instead of admitting it, instead lying
and claiming he was right. He's been lying that his wall is being
built, when all that has been built is new steel fencing, consistent
with what has been built in the past to replace existing fencing.
He came home from one meeting with KJU and told America that he trusts KJU,
that he's sure he's denuclearizing, that America can sleep well tonight,
the threat from NK nukes if over. That latter we can't prove is a lie,
but if Trump really believed it, then he should be removed for total
incompetence and putting us in danger.

And of course all this comes into play when he asks America and the world
to believe him when he talks about what he's doing in Syria, why he killed
Soleimani, what he's doing with North Korea, etc.

If you ask him a question on a subject about which he
is unfamiliar, he simply thinks a bit until he comes up with what seems a
reasonable response. Usually this aligns closely with the opinion of his
power base, i.e. other ignorant self-righteous know-it-alls.

But the vast majority of questions that Trump is asked and where he lies
are not on subjects that he is not familiar with, as evidenced in the
examples above. They are subjects he is very familiar with. And further,
they don't happen just once and then he corrects it. He never, ever
has corrected ANYTHING. He's never apologized. Instead he just keeps
lying.

Because he believes he is so incredibly smart, he believes that he always
knows the truth. So even if what he says is obviously incorrect, he is not
lying. Self-deluded would be more accurate.

That might be true with some part of it, but it's certainly not the case
with most of what he does, not the case with most of the above examples.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 6:22:37 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 11:16:08 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/06/2020 08:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
"Left leaning". Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

Not necessarily, unless it involves non-binary personages parading
around with ostrich feathers up their ass, reparations to people whose
great great granddaddy might have been a slave, inviting the world over
for dinner, and other bull****. The left ain't what it used to be.

You're not wrong.

Out of curiosity, I went to https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and
took the test. I came out slightly liberal and slightly libertarian.

Cindy Hamilton

Interesting test. That's where I came out too, 1.3 left, 3 towards libertarian.
That's on a scale of +/- 10 units. I consider myself a conservative, but
that's always been from a position of economics, the role of govt, foreign
policy, etc. On social issues, I'm more of a libertarian, which I don't
think is inconsistent with being a conservative.

Unless we could have Thatcher, Friedman,
etc actually take the test, we have no way of knowing where exactly they
would be on the gird either.

But then who's to say that the test has validity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/20 8:50 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

+1

Like I said, they put Stalin, Freidman on there, but they didn't take the
test, so it's just guessing. Where they put them, I would not disagree
with, but it's just their opinion, not a test result. One interesting
validation would have been to get some living, well known figures,
eg Michael Moore, Newt Gingrich and see where they wind up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

You're not wrong.

Out of curiosity, I went to
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and
took the test. I came out slightly liberal and slightly libertarian.

I find it difficult to believe this test. I took it just for fun and it
shows me 5.8 to the left and in the middle of the other.

I do agree that I am mainly to the middle. The republicans and
democrats each have a few things that I agree with and dissagree with.
It is just this year especially I can not see voting for the democrats
that are running this year and the congress that went just down party
lines on the impeachment. Especially as there has been about 3 years of
investigation on the charges. This should have been done by the first
year that Trump was President.

I hated the 'read my lips ' Bush so much I voted for whoever was running
as an independent. Don't even know who or what he represented.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 11:46:19 AM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

You're not wrong.

Out of curiosity, I went to
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and
took the test. I came out slightly liberal and slightly libertarian.

I find it difficult to believe this test. I took it just for fun and it
shows me 5.8 to the left and in the middle of the other.

I do agree that I am mainly to the middle. The republicans and
democrats each have a few things that I agree with and dissagree with.
It is just this year especially I can not see voting for the democrats
that are running this year and the congress that went just down party
lines on the impeachment.

So then you won't be voting for any Republicans either.

Especially as there has been about 3 years of
investigation on the charges. This should have been done by the first
year that Trump was President.

Trump only withheld military aid to Ukraine and demanded investigations
that would only benefit his re-election this past summer. They could
not impeach him for that two years ago.

I hated the 'read my lips ' Bush so much I voted for whoever was running
as an independent. Don't even know who or what he represented.

Funny that you remembered that one promise that Bush made, but all the
big lies that Trump tells almost daily don't seem to bother you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2020 9:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

I will still be voting for Trump and would never consider any democrat
in the race.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2020 10:16 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/7/2020 6:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 11:16:08 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/06/2020 08:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
"Left leaning".Â* Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it?

Not necessarily, unless it involves non-binary personages parading
around with ostrich feathers up their ass, reparations to people whose
great great granddaddy might have been a slave, inviting the world over
for dinner, and other bull****. The left ain't what it used to be.

You're not wrong.

Out of curiosity, I went to https://www.politicalcompass.org/test and
took the test.Â* I came out slightly liberal and slightly libertarian.

Cindy Hamilton

Same here.Â* I thought I'd be more centered and maybe more libertarian.
I'd like to think if you are within a couple points of center you'd be
considered "sensible".Â* No one will ever agree on everything but we
should be able to work towards the same goals.

That is my point to Cindy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2020 12:00 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

That's where I have a problem right now. I really don't want Trump
again but I really don't want Sanders, Warren, and crew. I'd like to
hear more from Tom Steyer though.

My hope is Bill Weld comes to the top and actually get the R nomination.
I could vote for him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 12:28:02 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Bloomberg? He's at 11%, tied with Warren now and he's just begun.
One thing that the Dems should resolve is a way for B or anyone with
that much polling to be in the debates. Right now who gets to the
debates uses how much money they raise and B is funding his own,
so he doesn't register. On the other hand, maybe B prefers it that
way, let the others beat their brains out.

My hope is Bill Weld comes to the top and actually get the R nomination.
I could vote for him.

Good luck with that. Not only is he at zero, but the mood of the trumpets
is they would never vote for a Weld type, they'd think he's a no good
Rino. It's an interesting question. If somehow Trump was not the
candidate, who in the trumpet world of the new GOP could actually
replace him? Pence I suppose might be acceptable to them.

IDK, but with impeachment, Iran, Iraq, and KJU this will be a very
interesting year. I can't wait to see what Trump's reaction is when
KJU, his love buddy, finally launches an ICBM or does a nuke test again.
He overreacted to what Iran did and that wasn't personal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2020 12:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

That's where I have a problem right now.Â* I really don't want Trump
again but I really don't want Sanders, Warren, and crew.Â* I'd like to
hear more from Tom Steyer though.

My hope is Bill Weld comes to the top and actually get the R nomination.
Â*I could vote for him.

I know several people that could not vote for Trump but will vote for
him now. They may not like the tweets etc but are very happy with the
way he is running the country.

I'm a Republican but did not vote for him in our states primary. I was
surprised when he won it. Then I started reading his platform on line
and it was all I agreed with so I voted for him and he has been true to
his word. He is not your normal politician.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2020 12:49 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

From what I get out of it when I took it for fun it just wanted to point
me to being very liberal and I don't think I am at all.

Based on what I see you post here, I certainly would not have expected
you to wind up very liberal, or lib at all. But then I wound up slightly
left, 1.5 units. I'm sure that's because of social issues, even though
I was opposed to abortion.

It sureprised me too. However there are some good points of each for
me. I think the Government should keep out of many things.

The abortion should be up to the woman at least for the first 3 or 4
months.
After that it shoud be a medical issue in most cases.
If I want to sell or not sell something to someone because of race or
religion, I should be able too. When I went to sell my parents house
the real estate agent ask me (sort of ) if the color mattered to me. I
told her the only color I cared about was green and gold. If they had
that the house was up for grabs. Sold it to a nice black man and wife.
Same with a business. I should be free to service (sell) or not to
whoever for whatever reason.
I do want the death penelty used more often and quickly. I am not
really for government control of medicial, but something needs to be
done. If you do not have any money, you get free medical care, if you
have a little money you get to choose to eat or buy medicine.

Has there ever been a program that the government took over that did not
get more expensive? The latest was student loans where today's college
graduates are all indentured servants.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 1:57:53 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
[...]

Has he built the wall? Did Mexico pay for it?

Deport 11+ mil illegals in just a year or two?

Reform immigration?

Where is the healthcare insurance system that offered low premiums,
coverage for pre-existing conditions, no mandate? Trump never even
put forth a proposal for that, he simply did what he does with just
about everything, punt it to someone else.

Trade agreement with China that fixes the trade deficit? So far we have
rotting crops in the US and $32 bil in new welfare to the farmers to
try to compensate. Crops not shipped don't help the trade deficit.

The only things I see that Trump kept his word on and actually got
through on we

Big tax cut, now contrary to what was promised, the deficit went from
$500 bil to $1 tril. Meanwhile spending has risen sharply too. He's
added $3 tril to the national debt so far.

NAFTA is basically a non-event, after a huge **** storm. It's basically
NAFTA with some minor changes that won't change the trade deficit with
Mexico. But since Trump did it, now it's Trumptastic.

Reneged on the Iran nuclear deal, destroying any credibility that the US
has for sticking to it's agreements. And then he started a war on Iran,
crippling their economy, while demanding that they turn into Sweden.
Instead, they are going the other way, are now enriching uranium again
and we are on a direct path, short fuse to war. And we may get thrown
out of Iraq.

Trump said he was going to get out of the Mideast, instead he's sending
more troops, 15K since May, more on the way.

Put in conservative judges, but we could have had that from most of the
sane, fit GOP candidates.

He did defeat ISIS, that a promise kept.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2020 1:57 PM, Frank wrote:

Â* He is not your normal politician.

Most of the world would agree with that!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2020 3:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/7/2020 1:57 PM, Frank wrote:

Â* He is not your normal politician.

Most of the world would agree with that!

If you look up the word politician you will find that the major part of
the job is governing. I think that is where most politicians fail.
They get elected on their winning speech and personality and that is all
they have.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/20 8:50 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

I wound up with

Economic Left/Right: -7.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

It varies depending on my mood but I usually wind up in the lower left
corner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/07/2020 09:46 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I hated the 'read my lips ' Bush so much I voted for whoever was running
as an independent. Don't even know who or what he represented.

In '92 that would be Ross Perot. The net effect was 8 years of Clinton.
You just can't win.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 11:12:42 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/07/2020 09:49 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Unless we could have Thatcher, Friedman,
etc actually take the test, we have no way of knowing where exactly they
would be on the gird either.

But then who's to say that the test has validity.

It would be interisting to get all that are up for the President and VP
position to take a test like this just to see how well the test stacks
up.

From what I get out of it when I took it for fun it just wanted to point
me to being very liberal and I don't think I am at all.

There is liberal and then there is liberal...

https://8values.github.io/quiz.html

Some of the questions are the same.

That was a good one. My results:

Economic: Centrist 52.4/47.6%
Diplomatic: Balanced 44.7/55.3%
Civil: Liberal 64.2/35.8%
Societal: Progressive 27.9/72.1%

Pretty middle of the road, except that I value progress over tradition,
and liberty over authority.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/08/2020 04:15 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 11:12:42 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/07/2020 09:49 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Unless we could have Thatcher, Friedman,
etc actually take the test, we have no way of knowing where exactly they
would be on the gird either.

But then who's to say that the test has validity.

It would be interisting to get all that are up for the President and VP
position to take a test like this just to see how well the test stacks
up.

From what I get out of it when I took it for fun it just wanted to point
me to being very liberal and I don't think I am at all.

There is liberal and then there is liberal...

https://8values.github.io/quiz.html

Some of the questions are the same.

That was a good one. My results:

Economic: Centrist 52.4/47.6%
Diplomatic: Balanced 44.7/55.3%
Civil: Liberal 64.2/35.8%
Societal: Progressive 27.9/72.1%

Pretty middle of the road, except that I value progress over tradition,
and liberty over authority.

I came out middle of the road on that one.

Economic Axis: Centrist 59.8%/40.2%
Diplomatic Axis: Patriotic 61.2%/38.8%
Civil Axis: Liberal 62.7%/37.3%
Societal Axis: Neutral 54.2%/45.8%

I'm not big on 'progress'. Too much is discarded in its name. The
patriotic scale tilts since I'm definitely not a globalist. This doesn't
equate to 'my country, right or wrong', particularly when it's usually
wrong. Call me a bioregional patriot.