Posted to alt.home.repair

Default any idea where I can find these foam protective spheres?

They look like below link and are 1.25" in diameter. I need them to
protect the edges of glass plates. They are like a black foam, not hard
plastic, that also helps provide traction for the plate if set up
vertically on a cabinet shelf. All that comes up when googling are
hemispheres. I only had two in storage but need at least two more
pairs. Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/y40iEc3.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 16:47:20 -0500, KC JONES
wrote:

They look like below link and are 1.25" in diameter. I need them to
protect the edges of glass plates. They are like a black foam, not hard
plastic, that also helps provide traction for the plate if set up
vertically on a cabinet shelf. All that comes up when googling are
hemispheres. I only had two in storage but need at least two more
pairs. Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/y40iEc3.jpg

I tried all my google tricks - to no avail - sorry..
Just one piece of advice - be careful of storing
or long term displaying anything valuable -
sometimes the "rubber/polymer" material can
react with the show-piece - unfavourably -
to discolour or degrade it...
I've seen it on old guitar-stands - where the "rubber"
protectors react with the finish on the guitar -
to cause a "stain" but it's actually deep into the finish.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They look like below link and are 1.25" in diameter. I need them to
protect the edges of glass plates. They are like a black foam, not hard
plastic, that also helps provide traction for the plate if set up
vertically on a cabinet shelf. All that comes up when googling are
hemispheres. I only had two in storage but need at least two more
pairs. Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/y40iEc3.jpg

Where did the ones you have come from????
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They look like below link and are 1.25" in diameter. I need them to
protect the edges of glass plates. They are like a black foam, not hard
plastic, that also helps provide traction for the plate if set up
vertically on a cabinet shelf. All that comes up when googling are
hemispheres. I only had two in storage but need at least two more
pairs. Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/y40iEc3.jpg

Where did the ones you have come from????

No idea, they were in a drawer for at least a decade.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They look like below link and are 1.25" in diameter. I need them to
protect the edges of glass plates. They are like a black foam, not hard
plastic, that also helps provide traction for the plate if set up
vertically on a cabinet shelf. All that comes up when googling are
hemispheres. I only had two in storage but need at least two more
pairs. Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/y40iEc3.jpg

Where did the ones you have come from????

No idea, they were in a drawer for at least a decade.

I suspect they were part of some packaging material - That's wherer I
would start looking, but packaging technology has changed a lot in the
last 15 years or so, so they may be virtually "extinct".