Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default House has hard water, pls recommend a water softening system

hi I have inherited my parent's house in the NorthEast usa. It has well water.
Growing up there were always alot of leaks in the copper pipes. My Dad said the problem was that the well water was 'hard' and it was rough on the pipes. He said years ago someone told him about a system that could improve the water but he never pursued it. Does any one have a system that softens water? Can anyone suggest a good one? thanks