Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default House has hard water, pls recommend a water softening system

On Sun, 29 Dec 2019 10:02:07 -0800 (PST), wrote:

hi I have inherited my parent's house in the NorthEast usa. It has well water.
Growing up there were always alot of leaks in the copper pipes.
My Dad said the problem was that the well water was 'hard'
and it was rough on the pipes.
He said years ago someone told him about a system that could
improve the water but he never pursued it.
Does any one have a system that softens water?
Can anyone suggest a good one? thanks

1. Have your water tested.
2. Then have it tested again by an honest person
who isn't selling water treatment systems.
3. Ask the nearby neighbours about their well water treatment
and/or any issues that they have experienced.

http://www.wellwaterguide.net/

Often the local public health dept. will offer free well water
testing - but it's often only for bacteria count - not
hardness or other problems.

If you're also on a septic system - make sure that it will
handle the proposed water treatments ..
John T.