Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New housing

Looks like we may have opportunity to help our fellow man. Just got out
of jail? You get a new house. Managed to sneak across the border? You
get a new house. Earn a good living and pay taxes? Sorry, find your
own house.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...deal-framework

Omar's $1.2 Trillion 'Homes for All Act' Heralded as Ambitious Addition
to Green New Deal Framework
The 10-year plan to build millions of sustainable, affordable housing
units is called "a new mile marker in the progressive left's efforts to
stake out a national housing agenda."

According to a fact sheet (pdf) from Omar's office, the legislation
"establishes a new vision of how 21st Century public and affordable
housing should look and operate" by requiring that all new housing units
built with the allocated funds:

Remain permanently affordable;
Be integrated, to the best possible extent with public transit and
vehicle alternatives like walking and biking, while allowing for
flexibility to accommodate the needs and resources of rural,
metropolitan, and Tribal areas;
Be designed, built, and operated to the highest possible environmental
standard, with a focus on minimizing energy costs and achieving carbon
neutrality;
Prohibit any discrimination against residents based on sexual
orientation, gender, criminal history, or immigration status;
Be located in communities that are in compliance with the Affirmatively
Furthering Fair Housing rule in order to ensure fair and equal access;
And provide residents with free, voluntary wrap-around services that
help address the needs of those experiencing chronic homelessness or
housing instability罵ike access to healthcare, employment, or education
assistance, childcare, financial literacy class, and other
community-based support services.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Looks like we may have opportunity to help our fellow man.ツ* Just got out
of jail?ツ* You get a new house. Managed to sneak across the border?ツ* You
get a new house.ツ* Earn a good living and pay taxes?ツ* Sorry, find your
[...]

I think this has already been tried. It was called Cabrini-Green. How
did that work out??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/19 3:31 PM, Ken wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I think this has already been tried.ツ* It was called Cabrini-Green.ツ* How did that work out??

As I recall, the residents (mostly democrats) were very hostile toward the taxpayers that payed for their free housing.

Police records reveal a lot of hate crimes against taxpayers.

As a show of gratitude, the residents eventually destroyed the Cabrini-Green complex.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ken writes:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Most of them worked quite well initially when there were a mix of high, middle and
low income residents. It wasn't until all the highs and middles moved out
that things deteriorated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 21:18:27 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Ken writes:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Looks like we may have opportunity to help our fellow man.テつ* Just got out
of jail?テつ* You get a new house. Managed to sneak across the border?テつ* You
get a new house.テつ* Earn a good living and pay taxes?テつ* Sorry, find your
[...]

housing instabilityテ「ぎ挈ike access to healthcare, employment, or education
assistance, childcare, financial literacy class, and other
community-based support services.

I think this has already been tried. It was called Cabrini-Green. How
did that work out??

Most of them worked quite well initially when there were a mix of high, middle and
low income residents. It wasn't until all the highs and middles moved out
that things deteriorated.

Yeah, nobody wants to live with dope fiends, hookers and thugs. These
days, people who can afford it, live behind gates in a HOA, deed
restricted community or they have acreage, miles from the fetid city.
I suppose next, you are going to deny that more than half of the
homeless have drug, alcohol or mental problems.
Do you want that next to your house? I didn't think so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/19 2:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Looks like we may have opportunity to help our fellow man.ツ* Just got out of jail?ツ* You get a new house. Managed to sneak across the border?ツ* You get a new house.ツ* Earn a good living and pay taxes? Sorry, find your own house.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...deal-framework

Sadly, not only does the working taxpayer have to buy their own house but the democrats want them to buy one for an illegal/criminal/welfarecrat.

I'll never figure out why working taxpayers keep voting for democrats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2019 5:05 PM, devnull wrote:
On 12/10/19 2:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Looks like we may have opportunity to help our fellow man.ツ* Just got
out of jail?ツ* You get a new house. Managed to sneak across the
border?ツ* You get a new house.ツ* Earn a good living and pay taxes?
Sorry, find your own house.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...deal-framework

Sadly, not only does the working taxpayer have to buy their own house
but the democrats want them to buy one for an illegal/criminal/welfarecrat.

I'll never figure out why working taxpayers keep voting for democrats.

Because they are still dumb enough to think it is still the party of the
working man.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2019 01:31 PM, Ken wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

It was sustainable... Until they planted the charges that is. That's
not the only high rise, or low rise for that matter, failure. Omar fails
to realize you might be able to temporarily take the people out of the
slums but you can't take the slums out of the people for more than a few
years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2019 02:18 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ken writes:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I think you have your cause and effect sequence ass backwards.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ken writes:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

In nmany cases it is BOTH.