Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pedestrian Bridge Collapse Over SW 8th Street HWY18MH009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBjntrebxj8

Who made the decision to retention the steel rods entrust member?
If I saw pronounced cracking like that I would stop doing anything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/1/2019 1:42 PM, wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBjntrebxj8

Who made the decision to retention the steel rods entrust member?
If I saw pronounced cracking like that I would stop doing anything.

That was a cluster**** of errors from the design to collapse. Probably
a couple of people should go to jail for negligence.

Given the potential for problems, traffic should have been stopped
during the retensioning, but maybe after the cracks were growing they
should have taken other steps beforehand, like taking it down.

More info
here'https://www.enr.com/articles/48016-what-florida-bridge-collapse-report-leaves-unexplained