Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT what does k meana?

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?

It's the entire text of some replies.

Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/31/2019 07:37 AM, micky wrote:
OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?

It's the entire text of some replies.

Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

It's half of a racist white power symbol. Use it with caution.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote:

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?

It's the entire text of some replies.

Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

okay?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/31/2019 9:37 AM, micky wrote:
OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?

It's the entire text of some replies.

Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/rachel-ni...s-youre-wrong/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 09:52:02 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 10/31/2019 9:37 AM, micky wrote:
OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?

It's the entire text of some replies.

Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/rachel-ni...s-youre-wrong/

Interesting article. I wondered what all of those bald guys meant with
"KKK".

Rachel says
"kautious, kareful, and kind"

Who knew?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 09:37:42 -0400, micky
wrote:

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?

It's the entire text of some replies.

Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

A lazy-assed text abbreviation for "OK"???
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?

It's the entire text of some replies.

Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

A lazy-assed text abbreviation for "OK"???

Apparently so. Two letters is too much for some.

Thanks, and thanks golfer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?

It's the entire text of some replies.

Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

A lazy-assed text abbreviation for "OK"???

Apparently so. Two letters is too much for some.

Thanks, and thanks golfer.

It is not just one letter. Going back to the old flip phones you did
not have a qwerty keyboard, just the 10 digit dial setup. The o and the
k are on different numbers and it would be 7 key presses to type the two
letters. 5 is JKL and 6 is MNO Short cuts were a big help. bt u gt it nw
Posted to alt.home.repair

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?
It's the entire text of some replies.
Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

A lazy-assed text abbreviation for "OK"???

Apparently so. Two letters is too much for some.
Thanks, and thanks golfer.

It is not just one letter. Going back to the old flip phones you did
not have a qwerty keyboard, just the 10 digit dial setup. The o and the
k are on different numbers and it would be 7 key presses to type the two
letters. 5 is JKL and 6 is MNO Short cuts were a big help. bt u gt it nw

Hey Hey ! What do you mean "going back " ? !
My ~ 10 year old Nokia flip is still going strong !
Original battery still holds charge for a week or better.
It's been dropped on the sidewalk/parking lot 5 or 6 times.
Service costs me $ 100. per year with texting, voicemail,
call display, etc
And - they have just released a new 4G version :

http://tinyurl.com/y66bkowz

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?
It's the entire text of some replies.
Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

A lazy-assed text abbreviation for "OK"???

Apparently so. Two letters is too much for some.
Thanks, and thanks golfer.

It is not just one letter. Going back to the old flip phones you did
not have a qwerty keyboard, just the 10 digit dial setup. The o and the
k are on different numbers and it would be 7 key presses to type the two
letters. 5 is JKL and 6 is MNO Short cuts were a big help. bt u gt it nw

Hey Hey ! What do you mean "going back " ? !
My ~ 10 year old Nokia flip is still going strong !
Original battery still holds charge for a week or better.
It's been dropped on the sidewalk/parking lot 5 or 6 times.
Service costs me $ 100. per year with texting, voicemail,
call display, etc

Which is why I never text...

I've become fairly efficient with the button-texting -
even with my limited use of the short-cut-code -
and most texts are only a few words.
While the rest of the world seems super-glued to
their smart-phones, I have no problem leaving mine
in my pocket or in the car .
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Nov 2019 11:58:30 -0400, wrote:

[...]

I seldom have mine although since I have been the driver for my FIL I
do carry it a little more. I have still never texted nor do I have the
mailbox set up for that phone. It would be write only storage anyway.
I spent 35 years being instantly available pretty much 24/7 (Beeper
and then a Portable Terminal after 1Q85) . Once I retired I like being
out of pocket. Leave a message on my old answering machine at the
house.

"If you want my wife, call her cell phone. If you want me, leave a
message. I will get back to you, if this is a real emergency hang up
and dial 911".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/1/2019 2:10 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 01 Nov 2019 07:13:51 -0400,
wrote:

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?
It's the entire text of some replies.
Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

A lazy-assed text abbreviation for "OK"???

Apparently so. Two letters is too much for some.
Thanks, and thanks golfer.

It is not just one letter. Going back to the old flip phones you did
not have a qwerty keyboard, just the 10 digit dial setup. The o and the
k are on different numbers and it would be 7 key presses to type the two
letters. 5 is JKL and 6 is MNO Short cuts were a big help. bt u gt it nw

Yes, I gt it nw. Your answer makes a lot of sense. It's interesting
that I never saw k before a couple days ago.

Hey Hey ! What do you mean "going back " ? !
My ~ 10 year old Nokia flip is still going strong !
Original battery still holds charge for a week or better.
It's been dropped on the sidewalk/parking lot 5 or 6 times.
Service costs me $ 100. per year with texting, voicemail,
call display, etc
And - they have just released a new 4G version :

http://tinyurl.com/y66bkowz

Very nice, and small

John T.

Just like my LG Tracfone with $100 year service. I could get a smart
phone with data for $25 more but I like carrying the small flip phone
which fits in a shirt pocket. It Blue Tooths to car so I can talk on
phone hands free. I've never texted.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Me neither, unless I'm planning to talk while i'm out, or expecting a
call.

Though it suddenly dawned on me that I've been relying on the phone to
display my car insurance card, so I won't have to remember to change it
every 6 months, and yet I usually don't have the phone. I'm going to
have to go back to paper.

do carry it a little more. I have still never texted nor do I have the

I would never do that but I have a friend who doesn't answer the phone,
but she does get back to me quickly if I text her. With a smartphone
You can turn on -- don't know the name but it suggests words that you
might want next and it's quite good at that, so you only have to tap 2
letters and it will suggest 4 words you might be planning on typing, and
after a word, 4 words that might come next. It makes texting go
quicker. In fact iirc I only have to tap 2 letters and my whole,
previous 4 word message is suggested. So it's not so bad.

It's also good when the other party might be sleeping, although email is
quieter and works almost as well.

mailbox set up for that phone. It would be write only storage anyway.
I spent 35 years being instantly available pretty much 24/7 (Beeper
and then a Portable Terminal after 1Q85) . Once I retired I like being
out of pocket. Leave a message on my old answering machine at the
house.

"If you want my wife, call her cell phone. If you want me, leave a
message. I will get back to you, if this is a real emergency hang up
and dial 911".

Mine says "I can go weeks without playing my messages, so don't leave
one unless I'm expecting you to call."