Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT what does k meana?

On Fri, 01 Nov 2019 11:58:30 -0400, wrote:

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?
It's the entire text of some replies.
Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

A lazy-assed text abbreviation for "OK"???

Apparently so. Two letters is too much for some.
Thanks, and thanks golfer.

It is not just one letter. Going back to the old flip phones you did
not have a qwerty keyboard, just the 10 digit dial setup. The o and the
k are on different numbers and it would be 7 key presses to type the two
letters. 5 is JKL and 6 is MNO Short cuts were a big help. bt u gt it nw

Hey Hey ! What do you mean "going back " ? !
My ~ 10 year old Nokia flip is still going strong !
Original battery still holds charge for a week or better.
It's been dropped on the sidewalk/parking lot 5 or 6 times.
Service costs me $ 100. per year with texting, voicemail,
call display, etc

Which is why I never text...

I've become fairly efficient with the button-texting -
even with my limited use of the short-cut-code -
and most texts are only a few words.
While the rest of the world seems super-glued to
their smart-phones, I have no problem leaving mine
in my pocket or in the car .
John T.

I seldom have mine although since I have been the driver for my FIL I
do carry it a little more. I have still never texted nor do I have the
mailbox set up for that phone. It would be write only storage anyway.
I spent 35 years being instantly available pretty much 24/7 (Beeper
and then a Portable Terminal after 1Q85) . Once I retired I like being
out of pocket. Leave a message on my old answering machine at the
house.

"If you want my wife, call her cell phone. If you want me, leave a
message. I will get back to you, if this is a real emergency hang up
and dial 911".