Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LED Dimmers

Have any of you experienced a difference in performance or quality between Lutron and Leviton?

--
croy
Posted to alt.home.repair

croy wrote:
Have any of you experienced a difference in performance or quality between Lutron and Leviton?

I can only say that I have several Leviton dimmers running a variety of
brands of LED lights and they work well with all of them. I've never
tried Lutron.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/24/19 7:00 PM, croy wrote:
Have any of you experienced a difference in performance or quality between Lutron and Leviton?

About five year ago, I had to replace a Lutron variable switch
controlling a half-dozen kitchen LED ceiling cans in a new installation
because it made them flicker rapidly for several seconds before coming
full-on. Sometimes I had to flick the switch off than back on to end the
flickering. I replaced it with a plain on/off switch and all is fine.

Current Lutron variable switch installation controlling a six-bulb LED
bathroom fixture has a slight delay and occasional quick flash before
coming on if less than full brightness is set on the switch. It's in my
wife's bathroom and she doesn't mind it- but I'm going to pull it anyway
because it may be a fire hazard.

See if you can guess what brand I ain't gonna' buy to replace it ;-)

--
If your grown child needs a "safe space" to avoid offensive words,
you've failed as a parent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 8:53:27 AM UTC-4, Wade Gattett wrote:
On 9/24/19 7:00 PM, croy wrote:
[...]

Lutron has a variety of dimmers specifically for different applications.
Basically, it amounts to how they turns on, whether it cuts off the
leading edge of the AC waveform or the trailing edge. So it also depends
on whether you got one that's supposed to be for LED or not. Some LEDs
may not care, others may.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 25 Sep 2019 08:53:22 -0400, Wade Gattett

If your grown child needs a "safe space" to avoid offensive words,
you've failed as a parent.

Is this a real issue?