Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Gattett Wade Gattett is offline

Default LED Dimmers

On 9/24/19 7:00 PM, croy wrote:
Have any of you experienced a difference in performance or quality between Lutron and Leviton?

About five year ago, I had to replace a Lutron variable switch
controlling a half-dozen kitchen LED ceiling cans in a new installation
because it made them flicker rapidly for several seconds before coming
full-on. Sometimes I had to flick the switch off than back on to end the
flickering. I replaced it with a plain on/off switch and all is fine.

Current Lutron variable switch installation controlling a six-bulb LED
bathroom fixture has a slight delay and occasional quick flash before
coming on if less than full brightness is set on the switch. It's in my
wife's bathroom and she doesn't mind it- but I'm going to pull it anyway
because it may be a fire hazard.

See if you can guess what brand I ain't gonna' buy to replace it ;-)

--
If your grown child needs a "safe space" to avoid offensive words,
you've failed as a parent.