Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Timing model for applying pre-emergent crab grass control

It's about that time of year to put down crabgrass control if you need
to do it. I've seen this discussed here once in awhile, but not in a
long time. Here's a timing model that uses temperatures in your area
to forecast the optimal time to apply it:

http://www.gddtracker.net/?model=7&offset=0&zip=07760

Select "crabgrass PRE" on the right side and it will show a map for
your area with early, optimum and late timing. The model was developed
for the Michigan area, but should work OK for the northern half of
the country. It's showing NJ is just entering the optimum period
and will be there for maybe the next ten days or so. Another general
guide is to put it down when Forsythias bloom, that hasn't started
here yet.

I use Dimension, which will also kill very early crabgrass plants,
so I time mine near the end of the optimal range, keeping rain
in mind as it needs a rain to water it into the soil and make it
effective. If you have crabgrass troubles most years, a second
application about 6 weeks later is a good idea too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/19 8:35 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Why would I want to spread toxic chemicals all over my yard?

When that toxic **** works its way into my well water, I'll need to spend more money on a 10-stage RO filter.

Of course the democrats will want to give their welfare constituents "free" water filters and they'll expect taxpayers like me to pay for them.

But worst of all, I suspect you'll try to blame the whole thing on my favorite person President Trump.