Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leafnode placeholder for group alt.home.repair

This server is running leafnode, which is a dynamic NNTP proxy.
This means that it does not retrieve newsgroups unless someone is
actively reading them.

If you do an operation on a group - such as reading an article,
looking at the group table of contents or similar, then leafnode
will go and fetch articles from that group when it next updates.

Since you have read this dummy article, leafnode will retrieve
the newsgroup alt.home.repair when fetchnews is run
the next time. If you'll look into this group a little later, you
will see real articles.

If you see articles in groups you do not read, that is almost
always because of cross-posting. These articles do not occupy any
more space - they are hard-linked into each newsgroup directory.

If you do not understand this, please talk to your newsmaster.

Leafnode can be found at
http://www.leafnode.org/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2019 10:24 PM, Leafnode wrote:

If you see articles in groups you do not read, that is almost
always because of cross-posting. These articles do not occupy any
more space - they are hard-linked into each newsgroup directory.

If you do not understand this, please talk to your newsmaster.

Leafnode can be found at
http://www.leafnode.org/

Who is the newsmaster? It used to be Walter Cronkite, but he is long
gone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 2/20/2019 10:24 PM, Leafnode wrote:

If you see articles in groups you do not read, that is almost
always because of cross-posting. These articles do not occupy any
more space - they are hard-linked into each newsgroup directory.

If you do not understand this, please talk to your newsmaster.

Leafnode can be found at
http://www.leafnode.org/

Who is the newsmaster? It used to be Walter Cronkite, but he is long
gone.

Let me see... that would be... nobody! I do not think there is any
journalism any more. All 'news' is opinion.

I appoint you to be news master. If I do not like what you say I and
everyone will berate you. If we like you then stand by and wait for the
communication from the mothership.

--
Tekkie