Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Careful, it's heavy!

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 01:40:41 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 12/16/2018 6:16 PM, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 22:39:46 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 12/16/2018 5:09 PM, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
What's the world coming to? I just bought 2 bags of seed for my
parrots. Each one is 12.75kg. I picked both up at once and carried
them easily, yet each ONE says on the back, "it is recommended two
people carry this bag together". I find it very hard to believe I'm 4
times stronger than the average person.

Because this is pussy weak sue happy society where people are too
engrossed in their electronic devices and expect everything catered to
them. When they walk into a water fountain at a mall because their face
is embedded in their smartphone, they sue the mall for negligence.

I ****ing hate liberals.

I agree with your post in its entirety, and (assuming you're American)
am surprised that you would object to the blame culture your country
invented. Unfortunately the UK copied it and most of us seem to have
forgotten the time when we laughed at Americans for silly things like
that woman suing McDonalds because she didn't think coffee would be hot,
thought it was ok to place it next to her reproducing equipment, and
tried to drive while in that position. If I was the judge I would have
removed her driving license.

One of your biggest mistakes as a Brit is assuming. Other than the
correct assumption of me being American,

So now you ARE American? Just recently you said you weren't. You said something along the lines of "why assume I'm an American?"

many of you assume and judge
all Americans as the same based on what you hear/read about our nation
and the idiocy of our government and judicial system, and you're wrong.
Also keep in mind, that idiocy runs rampant within many cultures,
including the UK. I don't assume you're all the same.

There are bound to be a few sensible Americans, but their numbers are lower than most other countries. And it's clear from your posts that you're not one of those few. You have the typical American arrogance and ego for a start.