Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Careful, it's heavy: criticism

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 03:45:23 -0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 17/12/2018 18:34, William Gothberg wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:14:45 -0000, John Rumm

On 17/12/2018 11:03, John Rumm wrote:
On 17/12/2018 02:31, Bill Wright wrote:

What a stupid pointless wrangle. A misuse of Usenet.

Its hucker, what do you expect?

He seems to be on a nym shift fest - presumably because most have
learnt to ignore him. My hucker filter is lighting up new nyms like a
Christmas tree at the moment.

Do us all a favour and publish all of them

Recent nyms seem to be:

Stephen Watkin, Stuard Dogkin, Bruce Farquhar, Fred Johnson, Kirsty
Ogilvie, Cristoper McVitie, Liam Roberts

However I don't bother filtering him on nyms, I use other methods so
that any suspect posts get flagged without me needing to tweak the
filter each time.

Nice to know I'm keeping you busy.

That's the nice thing about filters - its all automatic. Any post you
make lights up in orange regardless of which nym you use, and I don't
have to lift a finger.

Vis:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ckerfilter.png

And you ought to fix your filter -
why are you seeing replies to me? Your filter really doesn't work very
well if that happens.

Its a filter, not a kill file. It does exactly what I want in this case
- it identifies your posts with a colour change and also marks them as
already read. That way I can still see and respond to the rest of the
thread should I wish, and I could even read and reply to one of your
posts should I feel like it.

What a stupid idea. If I get annoyed with someone, I want them away, gone, permanently out of my life. Deleted automatically and any reference to them aswell.

What you're doing is like making all the junk mail come through your letterbox be bright orange, instead of it just not appearing at all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

**** off Hucker.
Yer sad little queer.

[...]