Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Careful, it's heavy!

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:12:19 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Liam Roberts" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 11:27:21 -0000, charles
wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 16/12/2018 22:09, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
What's the world coming to? I just bought 2 bags of seed for my
parrots. Each one is 12.75kg. I picked both up at once and carried
them easily, yet each ONE says on the back, "it is recommended two
people carry this bag together". I find it very hard to believe I'm 4
times stronger than the average person.

Elfin safety. so you dnt sue them for picking two up and
doing yer back in.

A cwt sack - about 50kg -is beyind most peoles limits and IIRC 35kg is
the most workers in coureir firms are allowed to process off a pallet.

Squaddies are trained to carry around 50kg on their backs IIRC

when I was in my 20s, I often carried 1 cwt sacks of cement and the
coalman
carried that amount of coal, I think that the change is due to people
discovering the longterm effects of such loads; as they have done with
loud
noises.

All we need is common sense. Your body tells you if you're straining it.

Not with back injurys it doesn't.

It most certainly does unless you have a 2 digit IQ. I've lifted heavy stuff and my back feels strained, so I simply stop.

Since everyone is different in their capabilities, we should just make our
own decisions

That's what you do with those sacks of parrot seed.

I don't need the text to tell me what to do.

and sack the nanny state.

That text has nothing to do with any nanny state.

The nanny state requires the text for the benefit of the ****wits who can't judge their own abilities and the weight of something they're carrying. Those ****wits should be left to kill themselves.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Says the unemployed prick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

At least use facts in your insults.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

news

wrote:

[...]

Nothing to do with IQ.

I've lifted heavy stuff and my back feels strained, so I simply stop.

And if you have a bad back, once you feel something, the disk is ****ed.

Since everyone is different in their capabilities, we should just make
our
own decisions

That's what you do with those sacks of parrot seed.

I don't need the text to tell me what to do.

You are free to ignore it. Even you should be able to manage that.

and sack the nanny state.

That text has nothing to do with any nanny state.

The nanny state requires the text

That text isnt required.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 08:14:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH all the absolutely idiotic BULL****

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder