Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Careful, it's heavy!

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 01:59:28 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 12/17/2018 08:27 AM, Liam Roberts wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 15:05:11 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 12/17/2018 02:10 AM, Nightjar wrote:
On 16/12/2018 22:09, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
What's the world coming to? I just bought 2 bags of seed for my
parrots. Each one is 12.75kg. I picked both up at once and carried
them easily, yet each ONE says on the back, "it is recommended two
people carry this bag together". I find it very hard to believe I'm 4
times stronger than the average person.

Depending upon the height, distance from the body and sex of the person,
the recommended safe weight limit for manual handling can be anything
from 3kgs to 25kgs. This page has a chart showing the zones and limits:

https://www.highspeedtraining.co.uk/...weight-limits/

I guess I better knock off the Romanian deadlifts...

Is that a technique or are you lifting Romanians?

Technique. There aren't many Romanians around here. They are all in Britain.

Nope, the Muslim freaks have taken over, more Muslims than humans in London.