Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Diesel ran out of fuel, wont start

On Friday, December 18, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Richard Gonzales wrote:
Does anyone know the procedures to prime a diesel engine that has been run
out of fuel. I have a 2-cylinder John Deere 650 compact diesel tractor. My
wife has been bugging me to clear out the field's shallow ditch to allow
water run-off. I finally jumped on it and started to do the job. 5 minutes
later the tractor died. The loose nut behind the wheel didn't check the fuel
tank. I put in diesel but I cant seem to prime the injection system.

Any help?

___
Richard Gonzales
D&R Computers
Your PC For Tomorrow, Today
Email :

I have a John Deere 2520. Its only about 5 years old. I ran it out of fuel. I have filled the tank with diesel and the fuel filter (glass jar) is full of fuel, it starts but dies after a second. Does it requires bleeding off anything else on it? Since its only 5 years old I thought it would self prime. Thanks Kevin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 7, 2018 at 1:44:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Did you go to the JD website and look for the manual?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 7, 2018 at 11:10:31 AM UTC-8, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Crack the fuel lines while turning over to push air out of lines.

As close to cyl. as you can.

wrote in message
[...]

thanks ......
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 10:44:11 -0800 (PST), wrote:

[...]

Loosen the high pressure line to one of the injectors and crank it
over untill you get a good spray of fuel from the line, then tighten
the line. It should start on one cyl and purge the second line itself.
If it doesn't, crack that line open untill it sprays - then tighten.

You DID put in deisel, not gas- right???
Won't start or run if you slipped up - - - -