Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Diesel ran out of fuel, wont start

On Friday, December 7, 2018 at 1:44:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, December 18, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Richard Gonzales wrote:
Does anyone know the procedures to prime a diesel engine that has been run
out of fuel. I have a 2-cylinder John Deere 650 compact diesel tractor. My
wife has been bugging me to clear out the field's shallow ditch to allow
water run-off. I finally jumped on it and started to do the job. 5 minutes
later the tractor died. The loose nut behind the wheel didn't check the fuel
tank. I put in diesel but I cant seem to prime the injection system.

Any help?

___
Richard Gonzales
D&R Computers
Your PC For Tomorrow, Today
Email :

I have a John Deere 2520. Its only about 5 years old. I ran it out of fuel. I have filled the tank with diesel and the fuel filter (glass jar) is full of fuel, it starts but dies after a second. Does it requires bleeding off anything else on it? Since its only 5 years old I thought it would self prime. Thanks Kevin.

Did you go to the JD website and look for the manual?