Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dead wallaby painted over by lazy road workers

On 12/4/2018 9:46 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/04/2018 12:08 AM, micky wrote:
My understanding is that they were environmentalists who didn't want to
disturb nature.* Take only photos, leave only footprints.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/raccoon-ro...ry?id=16978993

That's not the only story either.

I've seen how they pain the lines. It can happen as they move along.
Often they are painted at night too where visibility would be less.

Sort of funny, but not major newsworthy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/12/2018 15:40, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/4/2018 9:46 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/04/2018 12:08 AM, micky wrote:
My understanding is that they were environmentalists who didn't want to
disturb nature.* Take only photos, leave only footprints.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/raccoon-ro...ry?id=16978993

That's not the only story either.

I've seen how they pain the lines.* It can happen as they move along.
Often they are painted at night too where visibility would be less.

Sort of funny, but not major newsworthy.

Even at night, surely they would at least feel it when running over

an animal!

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/4/2018 10:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/4/2018 9:46 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/04/2018 12:08 AM, micky wrote:
My understanding is that they were environmentalists who didn't want to
disturb nature.* Take only photos, leave only footprints.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/raccoon-ro...ry?id=16978993

That's not the only story either.

I've seen how they pain the lines.* It can happen as they move along.
Often they are painted at night too where visibility would be less.

Sort of funny, but not major newsworthy.

Delaware had a crew from PA painting lines here in DE several years ago
and they were extremely sloppy not putting up cones or warning. My wife
ran over freshly painted lines with her new car and got so much paint on
it that it had $600 in painting repairs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/4/2018 10:47 AM, Bod wrote:
On 04/12/2018 15:40, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/4/2018 9:46 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/04/2018 12:08 AM, micky wrote:
My understanding is that they were environmentalists who didn't want to
disturb nature.* Take only photos, leave only footprints.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/raccoon-ro...ry?id=16978993

That's not the only story either.

I've seen how they pain the lines.* It can happen as they move along.
Often they are painted at night too where visibility would be less.

Sort of funny, but not major newsworthy.

Even at night, surely they would at least feel it when running over

an animal!

No, the truck does no go over the center, only the spray heads suspended
above the ground. Too late at that point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQgsVcmv7Hw
Posted to alt.home.repair

*
* Even at night, surely they would at least feel it when running over
an animal!

No, the truck does no go over the center, only the spray heads suspended
above the ground.* Too late at that point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQgsVcmv7Hw

Ah, fair enough.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank posted for all of us...

Delaware had a crew from PA painting lines here in DE several years ago
and they were extremely sloppy not putting up cones or warning. My wife
ran over freshly painted lines with her new car and got so much paint on
it that it had $600 in painting repairs.

Did the insurance company go after the painting contractor? I know of a
fellow employee that drove over a freshly paved road in her brand new white
BMW. The paving co. paid over $800 for that blunder. No, the road was not
closed and she was directed to drive on it by the workers.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
On 04/12/2018 15:40, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/4/2018 9:46 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/04/2018 12:08 AM, micky wrote:
My understanding is that they were environmentalists who didn't want to
disturb nature. Take only photos, leave only footprints.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/raccoon-ro...ry?id=16978993

That's not the only story either.

I've seen how they pain the lines. It can happen as they move along.
Often they are painted at night too where visibility would be less.

Sort of funny, but not major newsworthy.

Even at night, surely they would at least feel it when running over an
animal!

It isnt done like that. The machine has the paint sprayer on an arm out the
side of the truck, so there is no wheel going over where the paint goes.
It wouldn’t work to have the wheels going over what gets painted because
that way the trailing wheel would run over the paint and **** up the paint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQgsVcmv7Hw

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 06:56:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Even at night, surely they would at least feel it when running over an
animal!

It isnt done like that. The machine has the paint sprayer on an arm out the
side of the truck, so there is no wheel going over where the paint goes.
It wouldn¢t work to have the wheels going over what gets painted because
that way the trailing wheel would run over the paint and **** up the paint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQgsVcmv7Hw

Someone said that already earlier and posted the same link, senile idiot! So
what makes you think an answer becomes only valid when YOU confirm it? I bet
it's your advanced senility that makes you think so! tsk

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/4/2018 1:40 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Frank posted for all of us...

Delaware had a crew from PA painting lines here in DE several years ago
and they were extremely sloppy not putting up cones or warning. My wife
ran over freshly painted lines with her new car and got so much paint on
it that it had $600 in painting repairs.

Did the insurance company go after the painting contractor? I know of a
fellow employee that drove over a freshly paved road in her brand new white
BMW. The paving co. paid over $800 for that blunder. No, the road was not
closed and she was directed to drive on it by the workers.

Doubt the insurance company went after them. There must have been a lot
of complaints as state is much neater in painting lines these days.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/04/2018 10:03 AM, Frank wrote:
On 12/4/2018 10:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/4/2018 9:46 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/04/2018 12:08 AM, micky wrote:
My understanding is that they were environmentalists who didn't want to
disturb nature. Take only photos, leave only footprints.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/raccoon-ro...ry?id=16978993

That's not the only story either.

I've seen how they pain the lines. It can happen as they move along.
Often they are painted at night too where visibility would be less.

Sort of funny, but not major newsworthy.

Delaware had a crew from PA painting lines here in DE several years ago
and they were extremely sloppy not putting up cones or warning. My wife
ran over freshly painted lines with her new car and got so much paint on
it that it had $600 in painting repairs.

I can live with the lines but in the city they tend to spread reflective
powder on the wet paint. That's not a bad thing either but they use a
lot of it and don't sweep it up. The powder is composed of glass
microbeads and on a bike you might as well be trying to ride on
ballbearings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 4 Dec 2018 10:40:45 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 12/4/2018 9:46 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/04/2018 12:08 AM, micky wrote:
My understanding is that they were environmentalists who didn't want to
disturb nature.* Take only photos, leave only footprints.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/raccoon-ro...ry?id=16978993

That's not the only story either.

I've seen how they pain the lines. It can happen as they move along.
Often they are painted at night too where visibility would be less.

Sort of funny, but not major newsworthy.

You're probably right.

But the video at the top about how to check for babies in roadkill
(their word) was interesting. She had a dead wallabee that had been
nursing but couldn't find the young wallabee. She painted an orange
strip on it so other cars wouldnt' have to stop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 5 Dec 2018 06:56:54 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
[...]

What a great video. Now when I see one of those things, I don't have to
spend time following it, or even looking at it.

And it really goes fast. I don't know though, I miss the days when
they'd do it by hand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman posted for all of us...

[...]

I thought the beads were mixed with the paint when sprayed.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/07/2018 12:44 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
rbowman posted for all of us...

[...]

Some a

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publication.../12048/005.cfm

Figures 38 and 39 are photos. 38 shows the bead drop nozzles behind the
paint nozzles and 39 shows the spread of excess beads.

In the city it's particularly bad when they're doing stop lines at
intersections, bicycle markings, and so forth. They throw the beads on
by hand and are generous. They use the same technique for chip seal.
Spray on the sealer, dump many yards of gravel, and let traffic pack it
down. A week or so later they may sweep up the piles of excess. I've
sometimes wondered what would happen if I needed gravel for a project
and helped myself to the dunes along the side of the street.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/8/18 12:28 AM, rbowman wrote:
I've sometimes wondered what would happen if I needed gravel for a
project and helped myself to the dunes along the side of the street.

If you drive a white F-150 with plain steel wheels, wear a high
visibility vest and a hard hat, have a crew of six that lean on their
shovels and watch one guy do the work, no one will notice your gravel theft.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/08/2018 04:12 AM, Bubba wrote:
On 12/8/18 12:28 AM, rbowman wrote:
I've sometimes wondered what would happen if I needed gravel for a
project and helped myself to the dunes along the side of the street.

If you drive a white F-150 with plain steel wheels, wear a high
visibility vest and a hard hat, have a crew of six that lean on their
shovels and watch one guy do the work, no one will notice your gravel
theft.

Well I've got the F-150 but it's Ace Hardware primer gray. I've print up
a couple of official looking decals and give it a try.

I assume they reuse the gravel for the next chipseal project but I might
be wrong. There's a lot of gravel around here.