Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fair press?

A Harley Biker is riding by the zoo in Washington, D.C. when he sees a
little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her
by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter
her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion
square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and
the biker brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A reporter has watched the whole event.

The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most
gallant and brave thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.'

The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was
behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger and acted as I felt
right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a
journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the
front page... So, what do you do for a living and what political
affiliation do you have?'

The biker replies, I'm a U.S. Marine and a Republican

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed
brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT

AND STEALS HIS LUNCH

(It is humor guys. Really.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

President Trump is walking through National Zoological Park in Washington, D.C. when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the
eyes of her screaming parents.

President Trump runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.* Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back letting go of the girl and President Trump carries her in his arms to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

Jim Acostduh has witnessed the entire event.* Within minutes, Chucklehead News Network's top story is:

President Trump Assaults African Immigrant and Steals His Lunch

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 10:44:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

Humor parrots reality.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2018 11:54 AM, Oren wrote:
[...]

It is an old joke and jokes contain some reality.
Fact is that "fake news" is mostly biased news.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 13:03:54 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed
brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT

AND STEALS HIS LUNCH

(It is humor guys. Really.)

Humor parrots reality.

It is an old joke and jokes contain some reality.
Fact is that "fake news" is mostly biased news.

Does Yellow Journalism ring a bell?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2018 2:00 PM, trader_4 wrote:
how he built the zoo, how he invented the concept of a zoo, how he's
making America great again with seven new zoos opening across the USA.

You have President Trump confused with your libtard buddy Al Gore who invented the internet and global warming.* Of course the libtard media never ridicules their own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 3:26:27 PM UTC-4, Reggie wrote:
On 9/11/2018 2:00 PM, trader_4 wrote:
how he built the zoo, how he invented the concept of a zoo, how he's
making America great again with seven new zoos opening across the USA.

You have President Trump confused with your libtard buddy Al Gore who invented the internet and global warming.* Of course the libtard media never ridicules their own.

No, no confusion here. I know Al Gore claimed to have invented the internet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
[...]

No, no confusion here. I know Al Gore claimed to have invented the internet.
It was one stupid thing, a lie, he said. Trump does stupid and lying just
about every day. There is a difference. Just the fact that you have to
twenty minutes.

Al Gore did not claim to have invented the Internet. This lie has been
repeated ad infinitum, ad nauseam! Do some some research instead of
repeating it!

Vint Cerf, the man who is recognized as one of the fathers of the
Internet, gives Mr. Gore credit for his part in getting congress to fund
the technology.

Read about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_P...ng_Act_of_1991

https://boutell.com/newfaq/history/gore.html

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403414,00.asp

https://www.internethalloffame.org/p...honored-geneva

For the record ... I couldn't care less one way or the other about Al
Gore, I'm just sick of that stupid BS.

--
~!~
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2018 1:47 PM, Oren wrote:
Yellow Journalism

You often find there is nothing new under the sun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2018 6:33 PM, Betty wrote:
Al Gore did not claim to have invented the Internet. This lie has been repeated ad infinitum, ad nauseam! Do some some research instead of repeating it!

..

Apparently Betty is the one that needs to do the research!

..

@0:50 Mr. Global Warming said: "I took the initiative in creating the Internet"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco

..

And FWIW,*** https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/creating** lists "invent" as a synonym for "creating".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/11/2018 04:33 PM, Betty wrote:
trader_4 wrote:
[...]

No, no confusion here. I know Al Gore claimed to have invented the
internet.
It was one stupid thing, a lie, he said. Trump does stupid and lying
just
about every day. There is a difference. Just the fact that you have to
go back
twenty minutes.

Al Gore did not claim to have invented the Internet. This lie has been
repeated ad infinitum, ad nauseam! Do some some research instead of
repeating it!

Vint Cerf, the man who is recognized as one of the fathers of the
Internet, gives Mr. Gore credit for his part in getting congress to fund
the technology.

Is that related to the rather large amount of Apple stock Gore owns? Or
was he gifted that by people in gratitude for making their lake
hideaways on Tellico Reservoir possible?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 21:29:51 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

Vint Cerf, the man who is recognized as one of the fathers of the
Internet, gives Mr. Gore credit for his part in getting congress to fund
the technology.

Is that related to the rather large amount of Apple stock Gore owns? Or
was he gifted that by people in gratitude for making their lake
hideaways on Tellico Reservoir possible?

I don't know, lowbrowman!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2018 12:51 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 3:26:27 PM UTC-4, Reggie wrote:
On 9/11/2018 2:00 PM, trader_4 wrote:
how he built the zoo, how he invented the concept of a zoo, how he's
making America great again with seven new zoos opening across the USA.

You have President Trump confused with your libtard buddy Al Gore who invented the internet and global warming.* Of course the libtard media never ridicules their own.

No, no confusion here. I know Al Gore claimed to have invented the internet.
It was one stupid thing, a lie, he said. Trump does stupid and lying just
about every day. There is a difference. Just the fact that you have to
twenty minutes.

Except the Al Gore thing was created by righties lying about what he
said and meant. Just more BS.

The Al Gore claimed he invented the Internet put-downs were
misleading distortions that originated wjth a campaign interview
conducted by Wolf Blitzer on CNNs Late Edition program on 9 March
1999. (Gore, then the sitting Vice President, was seeking the 2000
Democratic presidential nomination.)

When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for
the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New
Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving
forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to
our countrys economic growth and environmental protection, improvements
in our educational system.

In context, Gores response (which employed the word created, not
invented) was clear in meaning:
the vice president was not claiming that he invented the Internet in
the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was
one of the visionaries responsible for helping to bring it into being by
fostering its development in an economic and legislative sense,
Posted to alt.home.repair

.

Apparently Betty is the one that needs to do the research!

.

@0:50 Mr. Global Warming said: "I took the initiative in creating the
Internet"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco

.

And FWIW,*** https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/creating** lists "invent"
as a synonym for "creating".

Wow! Righties constantly amaze me with their incredibly stupid
statements. Your reading comprehension definitely leaves a lot to be
desired.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2018 10:03 AM, Frank wrote:

It is an old joke and jokes contain some reality.
Fact is that "fake news" is mostly biased news.

And most fake news is coming from the righties. The facts make that clear.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 08:51:42 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 9/11/2018 10:03 AM, Frank wrote:

It is an old joke and jokes contain some reality.
Fact is that "fake news" is mostly biased news.

And most fake news is coming from the righties. The facts make that clear.

A credible citation is hereby requested.

You are familiar with tabloid and yellow journalism, right?