Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Fair press?

On 9/11/2018 12:51 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 3:26:27 PM UTC-4, Reggie wrote:
On 9/11/2018 2:00 PM, trader_4 wrote:
how he built the zoo, how he invented the concept of a zoo, how he's
making America great again with seven new zoos opening across the USA.

You have President Trump confused with your libtard buddy Al Gore who invented the internet and global warming.* Of course the libtard media never ridicules their own.

No, no confusion here. I know Al Gore claimed to have invented the internet.
It was one stupid thing, a lie, he said. Trump does stupid and lying just
about every day. There is a difference. Just the fact that you have to
twenty minutes.

Except the Al Gore thing was created by righties lying about what he
said and meant. Just more BS.

The Al Gore claimed he invented the Internet put-downs were
misleading distortions that originated wjth a campaign interview
conducted by Wolf Blitzer on CNNs Late Edition program on 9 March
1999. (Gore, then the sitting Vice President, was seeking the 2000
Democratic presidential nomination.)

When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for
the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New
Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving
forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to
our countrys economic growth and environmental protection, improvements
in our educational system.

In context, Gores response (which employed the word created, not
invented) was clear in meaning:
the vice president was not claiming that he invented the Internet in
the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was
one of the visionaries responsible for helping to bring it into being by
fostering its development in an economic and legislative sense,