Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Repair

Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 10:56:24 AM UTC-5, Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

The job of the moderator is yours. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Relieved Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

Would be nice but there is no mechanism for that in unmoderated groups.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Rose writes:

Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

We wish.

2 things at work he

1. Stupid people unable to contain their political fervor but
unable to carry on a rational political discussion on the political
boards.

2. Possible Russian trolls seeing the advantage of disrupting everything
civilized society engages in, including discussing home repair.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

We all want it. Personally I k-f all posters that are never on topic
whether I agree with them or not. Just looking at the k-f log, there
must be 100 in there from the past couple of days. Unfortunately ahr is
the most active ng and attracts all the attention seeking kooks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 12:44:04 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

Would be nice but there is no mechanism for that in unmoderated groups.

Maybe one should also consider that without some of the off topic
discussion the newsgroup might be like most of the others that have
totally died out. The main problem I see is not that there is off topic
discussion, but that just a few posters that create 90% of the off
topic THREADS. When there are trolls saturating with one new thread
after another, then when some new person shows up looking for AHR stuff,
they will likely figure it's not worth posting, because there is only
one AHR thread for 25 or whatever off topic ones.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 11:56:21 -0400, Robert Rose
wrote:

Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

Good luck with that. Let me know how it works out for you. If you
actually post a home repair subject, some of us will see it and
participate to help you. There are many great talents here with a
broad range of experiences.

The trolls here do not adhere to the intended concepts of Usenet. Kill
file them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Rose" wrote in message
news
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

Your post is not about an actual home repair and thus would be banned.

Killfile or ignore the jerks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 13/05/18 17:56, Robert Rose wrote:

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

You may reduce much of the clutter.

Thunderbird (you are using it):

select offending message.

clic the *Message* menu and
select *Create Filter From Message...*

in the box that opens:

give a name to the filter (example: Noise Filter)

clic "OK" to close the box.

at the bottom of the "Message Filters" list you
should find a "Run Now" button: click on it.

to close the list, click on the top-right corner "x".

To add the next offender, click on the unwanted message,
then clic on the *More* menu in the Text body and select
select/copy the string between "" and "" symbols.
(without the and ).

click on the *Tools* menu and
select *Message Filters*

select the filter you name (i.e. Noise Filter).
if it is the first time, it is the only name.

clic on *Edit*

in the "Match" field select the
"Match any of the following" button.

clic on the "+" button.

paste the copied string in the added row empty field.

You won't catch the morphers, but still get rid of
a large bunch of messages.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2018 10:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I've been pressing 'K' (Thunderbird "ignore thread") a lot.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more
proficient at genocide."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2018 1:08 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

We all want it.Â* Personally I k-f all posters that are never on topic
whether I agree with them or not.Â* Just looking at the k-f log, there
must be 100 in there from the past couple of days.Â* Unfortunately ahr is
the most active ng and attracts all the attention seeking kooks.

IMO, a few slightly off topic posts are fine, but the sad part is the
obvious inconsiderate dumbasses who only give a **** about their own
self-righteous agenda. The worse part is those who respond to their
attention seeking idiocy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2018 4:20 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 5/13/2018 1:08 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

We all want it.Â* Personally I k-f all posters that are never on topic
whether I agree with them or not.Â* Just looking at the k-f log, there
must be 100 in there from the past couple of days.Â* Unfortunately ahr
is the most active ng and attracts all the attention seeking kooks.

IMO, a few slightly off topic posts are fine, but the sad part is the
obvious inconsiderate dumbasses who only give a **** about their own
self-righteous agenda. The worse part is those who respond to their
attention seeking idiocy.

I agree many ot posts are fine. I do it myself if I think it is
entertaining or useful to those we know here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/18 10:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

Even if they start with a fixit project they will drift off
about something else. That's the way of most conversations,
they stray.
I have something like 7 or 8 of the top 25 posters by quantity killfiled.
One gentleman has an odd sense of humor so he is still live. A couple
actually.
Thunderbird is really handy if a thread gets tooooooo long.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2018 12:25 PM, Oren wrote:
Good luck with that. Let me know how it works out for you. If you
actually post a home repair subject, some of us will see it and
participate to help you. There are many great talents here with a
broad range of experiences.

Considering some of the poasts from homeownershub, the trolls aren't too
bad. Then there is that dip**** who shall be nameless that posts a
seemingly innocent question and then will endlessly argue with any one
who tries to answer to demonstrate his obvious superiority.

I once worked with some people to set up a moderated group. It died from
lack of interest. No trolls, no posters.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 10:02:04 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/13/2018 12:25 PM, Oren wrote:
Good luck with that. Let me know how it works out for you. If you
actually post a home repair subject, some of us will see it and
participate to help you. There are many great talents here with a
broad range of experiences.

Considering some of the poasts from homeownershub, the trolls aren't too
bad. Then there is that dip**** who shall be nameless that posts a
seemingly innocent question and then will endlessly argue with any one
who tries to answer to demonstrate his obvious superiority.

I once worked with some people to set up a moderated group. It died from
lack of interest. No trolls, no posters.

It's no fun if you have no one to argue with. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Ornery Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2018 21:02:40 -0600, rbowman wrote:

Considering some of the poasts from homeownershub, the trolls aren't too
bad. Then there is that dip**** who shall be nameless that posts a
seemingly innocent question and then will endlessly argue with any one

....especially with you endlessly driveling senile Yankietards that he keeps
successfully engaging all the while exposing how senile you all are! Gee...
you are so abysmally stupid, it almost hurts to read your stupid output
here, lowbrowman.

I once worked with some people to set up a moderated group. It died from
lack of interest.

Of course it died! Who but a TROLL would want to engage in endless moronic
"discussions" with an endlessly driveling senile idiot like you! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now you're going after the First too?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Patriot wrote:
On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now
you're going after the First too?

Some people only care about themselves... to hell with anyone
else they say. I have a hunch they are the same ones who fail in
math class (not being good at following rules or social
conventions...)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2018 9:27 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 5/13/18 10:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Even if they start with a fixit project they will drift off
about something else.Â* That's the way of most conversations,
they stray.
Â* I have something like 7 or 8 of the top 25 posters by quantity
killfiled.
One gentleman has an odd sense of humor so he is still live.Â* A couple
actually.
Â*Â* Thunderbird is really handy if a thread gets tooooooo long.

I'll bet your k-f list is the same as mine and probably most others here.

It was only recently that I learned about TB filter log and turned it
on. Glanced at it a moment ago and it was clogged from that crowd.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 6:19:46 AM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
Patriot wrote:
On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now
you're going after the First too?

Some people only care about themselves... to hell with anyone
else they say. I have a hunch they are the same ones who fail in
math class (not being good at following rules or social
conventions...)

I have found that the policy of dealing with people I developed is the best. I hate everyone equally until they give me a reason not to. That way, I'm never disappointed in anyone. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hateful Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2018 6:35 AM, Patriot wrote:
On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now you're
going after the First too?

Not a First Amendment change, but just common courtesy to keep political
stuff in political groups, religious stuff in religious groups, etc.

Perhaps you were never taught to have manners.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14/05/2018 12:19, Bill wrote:
Patriot wrote:
On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now you're
going after the First too?

Some people only care about themselves... to hell with anyone else they
say. I have a hunch they are the same ones who fail in math class (not
being good at following rules or social conventions...)

Ah! Mabe you should watch Sir Ken explain matters to you, Bill.

It's worth watching! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY

--
D.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oops!

Ah! Mabe you should watch Sir Ken explain matters to you, Bill.

That should have said *Maybe*

Sorry about that!

Have a great day. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Patriot writes:

On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now you're
going after the First too?

Why would an American be using a UseNet provider that you have to pay
in a foreign currency?

Russian.

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

reply to and encourage on topic posts.

ignore the others

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2018 8:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/14/2018 6:35 AM, Patriot wrote:
On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now you're going after the First too?

Not a First Amendment change, but just common courtesy to keep political stuff in political groups, religious stuff in religious groups, etc.

Perhaps you were never taught to have manners.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

IOW, give me a name and ninety-five percent of the time I can find an off-topic "poast" or three.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2018 12:20 PM, Dick Hymen wrote:
On 5/14/2018 8:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/14/2018 6:35 AM, Patriot wrote:
On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now you're
going after the First too?

Not a First Amendment change, but just common courtesy to keep
political stuff in political groups, religious stuff in religious
groups, etc.

Perhaps you were never taught to have manners.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

IOW, give me a name and ninety-five percent of the time I can find an
off-topic "poast" or three.

True, including me. But it is not stifling first amendment rights to
ask for manners.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/14/2018 10:47 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/14/2018 12:20 PM, Dick Hymen wrote:
On 5/14/2018 8:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/14/2018 6:35 AM, Patriot wrote:
On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now
you're going after the First too?

Not a First Amendment change, but just common courtesy to keep
political stuff in political groups, religious stuff in religious
groups, etc.

Perhaps you were never taught to have manners.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

IOW, give me a name and ninety-five percent of the time I can find an
off-topic "poast" or three.

True, including me.Â* But it is not stifling first amendment rights to
ask for manners.

Manners? That's as bad as being politically correct. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/14/2018 01:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/14/2018 12:20 PM, Dick Hymen wrote:
On 5/14/2018 8:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/14/2018 6:35 AM, Patriot wrote:
On 05/13/2018 11:56 AM, Robert Rose wrote:
Hi,

Can't the Posts here be limited to just "home repair" ?

R.

I know you democrats want to destroy the Second Amendment, now you're going after the First too?

Not a First Amendment change, but just common courtesy to keep political stuff in political groups, religious stuff in religious groups, etc.

Perhaps you were never taught to have manners.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

IOW, give me a name and ninety-five percent of the time I can find an off-topic "poast" or three.

True, including me.Â* But it is not stifling first amendment rights to ask for manners.

Excuse me sir but if you had any manners you wouldn't be posting off-topic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Excuse me? wrote:
[...]

And you wouldn't morph hourly, ****wit

Posted to alt.home.repair