Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Poorest town in each state

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/05/08/which-town-your-state-poorest-list-financial-hardship/581103002/

There's a caveat. It's poorest town with a population between
1,000 and
25,000. Red Cloud has that honor in Nebraska. Author Willa Cather
spent some time there growing up.
I've ridden through a lot of towns in Nebraska. Red Cloud doesn't
really strike me as poor. It still has some going businesses. The poor
towns are those that don't even have a bar left. Their heyday was
decades ago. The railroad is gone if there ever was one.
There might be a couple hundred people left, at most. Mostly old,
probably.
Housing is cheap. The towns I'm thinking of are officially villages.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/9/2018 7:28 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/05/08/which-town-your-state-poorest-list-financial-hardship/581103002/

Â*Â*Â* There's a caveat.Â* It's poorest town with a population between
1,000 and
25,000.Â* Red Cloud has that honor in Nebraska.Â*Â* Author Willa Cather
spent some time there growing up.
Â* I've ridden through a lot of towns in Nebraska.Â*Â* Red Cloud doesn't
really strike me as poor.Â* It still has some going businesses.Â* The poor
towns are those that don't even have a bar left.Â* Their heyday was
decades ago.Â* The railroad is gone if there ever was one.
Â*There might be a couple hundred people left,Â* at most.Â*Â* Mostly old,
probably.
Housing is cheap.Â*Â* The towns I'm thinking of are officially villages.

Reminded me of Walter Williams column this am:

https://townhall.com/columnists/walt...douts-n2478229

Poor people in America would be rich compared to most of the world.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 7:56:54 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
[...]

I read a story about an American representative to a world conference on how to help the world's poor people. The American rep remarked that some Americans were so poor that they had to live in their cars. A rep from a Third World country was astounded and said,"Your poor own automobiles?!" ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Po Monster