Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Poorest town in each state

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/05/08/which-town-your-state-poorest-list-financial-hardship/581103002/

There's a caveat. It's poorest town with a population between
1,000 and
25,000. Red Cloud has that honor in Nebraska. Author Willa Cather
spent some time there growing up.
I've ridden through a lot of towns in Nebraska. Red Cloud doesn't
really strike me as poor. It still has some going businesses. The poor
towns are those that don't even have a bar left. Their heyday was
decades ago. The railroad is gone if there ever was one.
There might be a couple hundred people left, at most. Mostly old,
probably.
Housing is cheap. The towns I'm thinking of are officially villages.