Posted to alt.home.repair

Default spray paint splattering

I was using a spray gun to paint kitchen cabinets with an oil based paint. Unfortunately, the paint started to splatter all over my cabinets.

1) What causes this? I did a goggle search and some reasons a
* paint too thick
* debris in line
* air bubble in line
* louse connection

Which of these seem most likely? I am thinking that there might be debris in the line?

2) How do I repair this? Sand it down and try again?
3) Any other suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2018 7:47 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
I was using a spray gun to paint kitchen cabinets with an oil based paint. Unfortunately, the paint started to splatter all over my cabinets.

1) What causes this? I did a goggle search and some reasons a
* paint too thick
* debris in line
* air bubble in line
* louse connection

Which of these seem most likely? I am thinking that there might be debris in the line?

2) How do I repair this? Sand it down and try again?
3) Any other suggestions?

I'd suspect dirt in the paint clogging the spray nozzle.Â* Clean the nozzle and use a paint filter cone to filter the paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 May 2018 16:47:19 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

I was using a spray gun to paint kitchen cabinets with an oil based paint. Unfortunately, the paint started to splatter all over my cabinets.

1) What causes this? I did a goggle search and some reasons a
* paint too thick
* debris in line
* air bubble in line
* louse connection

Which of these seem most likely? I am thinking that there might be debris in the line?

2) How do I repair this? Sand it down and try again?
3) Any other suggestions?

If you are in a high humidity environment, condensation in the
compressed air can cause this issue. An inexpensive moisture filter
at the outlet of the compressor and then a small one at the gun can
help tremendously.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was using a spray gun to paint kitchen cabinets with an oil based paint. Unfortunately, the paint started to splatter all over my cabinets.

1) What causes this? I did a goggle search and some reasons a
* paint too thick
* debris in line
* air bubble in line
* louse connection

Which of these seem most likely? I am thinking that there might be debris in the line?

2) How do I repair this? Sand it down and try again?
3) Any other suggestions?

If you are in a high humidity environment, condensation in the
compressed air can cause this issue. An inexpensive moisture filter
at the outlet of the compressor and then a small one at the gun can
help tremendously.

Most likely paint gathering on the outside of the nozzle for some
reason, then forming a "glob" and following the spray to the surface.
Common issue in spray-bombs but can happen on some spray guns too
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, you are right.
It was doing that (globing on the nozzle). How do I stop that?
BTW, I have a Titan Advantage 200 sprayer.
Also, how do I fix the problem, do I sand and repaint or just repaint hoping to hide that problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Deodiaus posted for all of us...

Yes, you are right.
It was doing that (globing on the nozzle). How do I stop that?
BTW, I have a Titan Advantage 200 sprayer.
Also, how do I fix the problem, do I sand and repaint or just repaint hoping to hide that problem.

Your paint is too thick.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 May 2018 15:25:41 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Deodiaus posted for all of us...

Yes, you are right.
It was doing that (globing on the nozzle). How do I stop that?
BTW, I have a Titan Advantage 200 sprayer.
Also, how do I fix the problem, do I sand and repaint or just repaint hoping to hide that problem.

Your paint is too thick.

ANd he needs to sand the globvs down - properly applied spray paint
will NOT hide it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

wrote:

Deodiaus posted for all of us...

Yes, you are right.
It was doing that (globing on the nozzle). How do I stop that?
BTW, I have a Titan Advantage 200 sprayer.
Also, how do I fix the problem, do I sand and repaint or just repaint hoping to hide that problem.

Your paint is too thick.

ANd he needs to sand the globvs down - properly applied spray paint
will NOT hide it.

Correct. I don't know what his setup is but pressure could be low or
incorrect aircap.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

This is a automatic airless gun Titan Advantage 200 which I bought at a garage sale for $50 last year, so I don't think that there is a control on that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywNgCXGDOM

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 May 2018 13:35:34 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

This is a automatic airless gun Titan Advantage 200 which I bought at a garage sale for $50 last year, so I don't think that there is a control on that.

All you have is the pressure control and the tip size to adjust on
that machine. Make sure it is fully primed and the pressure is high
enough - generally about 3/4 of full pressure setting for latex.
Size 17 nozzle. Make sure the paint isn't too thick