Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

Default Why does US still have 'debtors' prisons'?

On Wed, 2 May 2018 07:53:39 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
: On Wed, 02 May 2018 00:09:05 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
: wrote:
:
: On Tue, 1 May 2018 16:45:35 -0500, "Byker" wrote:
:
:
:
: "BurfordTJustice" wrote in message news :
: The yanks poor all drive cadillacs or SUVs, have 70" flat screens, EAt
: steak and lobster, have a flat, condo or single family unit pay no
taxes
: but yet get tax refunds and the more babies the more money they
: get....they get it all and never worked a day in their life.
:
: IOW they live much higher than the EU/UK poor.
:
: "Only in America do you find FAT poor people!"
:
: -- Ethiopian ambassador upon his arrival in America
c.1968
:
: Complete ******** of course.
:
: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_Pacific
:
:
: Those people are not poor, neither are the ones in the US, at least by
: Ethiopian standards and that is part of the problem. Western cultures
: define "poor" at such a high income level, the rest of the world can't
: even comprehend why we think they are poor.
: In the US and the islands the US has a stake in there are lots of
: "food" programs but they are not necessarily "healthy food" programs.
: In the US it is just a credit card that they can use at the store with
: very little guidance about what they have to buy with it. In the
: islands we dump agricultural surplus and that tends to be starch
: (grain and grain products) and fat (dairy).

Only the Yanks would keep banging on about the virtue of their obesity
epidemic. In fact India is becoming increasingly obese as well. Larf.

I just had puy lentils for lunch, dash of olive oil, salt and chives
from the garden. Cost about 10p. I feel impoverished. Although, it was
quite yummy.

Bouffant advocates aspiring to be a fat American.

Like him.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 May 2018 13:45:46 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
wrote:

Only the Yanks would keep banging on about the virtue of their obesity
epidemic. In fact India is becoming increasingly obese as well. Larf.

It is just a sign that they are not really poor either. Evidently
"tech support" pays well.