Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why are motors not current limited?

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 16:53:58 +0100, trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 11:26:44 AM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 08:10:44 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 26/04/2018 06:07, wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 20:22:24 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 23:42:13 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 19:57:09 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

But you can't plug up to a 3.1kW device into any outlet you like anywhere in the house. Power tools, fan heaters, kettles, irons, two things on one adapter, there are so many things that half the power just ain't enough for. It's so much more convenient in the UK to be able to power anything in any room from any socket.

How much portable 3KW equipment do you have? It is pretty hard to find
anything you can carry around except your 2kw tea pots that is more
than 1440w. We are not in that big a hurry to drink tea ... or drink
tea at all.
I drink iced tea but I cold brew that.

2.4kW actually, and they're called kettles. How the **** do you heat hot water to make coffee, tea, or to put in a saucepan to cook food?

In a coffee maker. I cold brew tea.

And there's a 2.2kW angle grinder sat to my left. Where the **** would you plug that in in your home?

Do you have a link to where I can buy one of them? What model is it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Gri.../dp/B01MTCD0QQ

The exact model I was going to buy, but at only £55.

Then I found a Hyundai (more reliable well known make) at £45.

These things go through concrete blocks or brick like it was butter.

--
We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.

And here is the 110V version that I could plug in he

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3...7kRtQL7opE72Sg

Anything else I can help you with? Again, this is a specmanship issue..
I suspect you're 2200 watt rating is with a locked rotor or similar.
We have angle grinders, including 9" ones, out the whazoo that plug into
a 15A receptacle. There is no "problem".

Yeah, run a 20A device off 15A, wonderful. The rating is how much it uses typically. In the case of a hoover, that's when it's idling (more power used with more air going through it). In the case of an angle grinder, that's when you're making it cut through something. You'll find a locked rotor is way above 2200W, that's why without protection it would die in seconds.

--
Federal Expresso: When you absolutely, positively have to stay up all night.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Show us your cite for that.

In the case of a hoover, that's when it's idling

I see, so you "typical use" for you is just watching a hoover idling.
You just watch it, like a TV?

(more power used with more air going through it).

Every vacuum I've seen has air going through it even when "idling".

In the case of an angle grinder, that's when you're making it cut through something. You'll find a locked rotor is way above 2200W, that's why without protection it would die in seconds.

Of course everyone but a moron would let go of the trigger in a second
or less. Still waiting for spec definitions that show what exactly
the 2200W is based on. It's very typical for worst case to be based
on locked rotor. And I've shown you spec sheets for 110v
angle grinders that also show 2200W rating. They don't require a 30A
receptacle. Bottom line, there is no problem. We regularly buy and use
even 9" angle grinders on 15A, 120v circuits. Go look at HD or similar
websites. And we live in houses
here, not industrial fabrication shops. Who even needs anything but
a modest angle grinder in a house, if at all, to begin with? Maybe
you should be concerned about changing the oil in your car instead of
how US homes are wired.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile Yank Alert! LOL

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 09:08:55 -0700 (PDT), tardo_4, the notorious,
troll-feeding Yankietard, driveled again:

Of course everyone but a moron would let go of the trigger in a second
or less. Still waiting for spec definitions that show what exactly
the 2200W is based on. It's very typical for worst case to be based
on locked rotor. And I've shown you spec sheets for 110v
angle grinders that also show 2200W rating. They don't require a 30A
receptacle. Bottom line, there is no problem. We regularly buy and use
even 9" angle grinders on 15A, 120v circuits. Go look at HD or similar
websites. And we live in houses
here, not industrial fabrication shops. Who even needs anything but
a modest angle grinder in a house, if at all, to begin with? Maybe
you should be concerned about changing the oil in your car instead of
how US homes are wired.

Geezuz Christ ...you turned out to be an even bigger idiot than everyone
already claimed you are, tardo_4!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 03:00:02 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 21:10:22 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 23:47:46 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

I have an electric kettle at home I found at a thrift store years ago and paid $3.00 for it. It is extremely useful when I was in need of boiling water for Ramen Noodles. I really don't drink hot tea or coffee so I used it for other things in need of hot water. It whistles when it's ready and uses a standard 120vac outlet so I can plug it in anywhere in the house. I could boil water on the gas stove but that seems like a waste of energy and dumps heat into the house in the summer months for the air-conditioning to deal with. The electric kettle is very convenient. As I recall, it draws 800 watts at 120vac which is not very much power for what it does. It's one of the most useful small electric appliances that I own. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Boiled Monster

800W?! That must take hours.

OK that is about a pound of water (a pint or .5 l according to the
directions) Call it 145 BTU assuming you start with 67 F water.
800w/hr = 2730 BTU so it is about 1/19th of an hour, ~3.15 minutes.

I think you can wait 3 minutes for Ramen. (that is about as long as it
takes in my microwave too)

Most microwaves are 800 to 1000 watts, so that makes sense.

Not too long ago electric tea kettles were very common in Canada and
almost unheard of in most of the USA. I remember friends coming to
visit fromthe states back in the sixties buying several and taking
them home as gifts forfamily and friends. They had never seen them!!!

America is 3rd world compared to Canada, they were fascinated, just like Africans when you show them a mirror.

--
Sky have just won the rights to screen the first World Origami Championships from Tokyo.
Unfortunately it's only available on Paper View.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well I tap my foot waiting for a 3kW kettle, so with yours I'd be waiting 4 times longer!

--
Please do not look into laser with remaining eye.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 06:17:31 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 5:47:53 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:47:33 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 2:03:06 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 26/04/2018 05:13, Clare Snyder wrote:

wrote:

But you can't plug up to a 3.1kW device into any outlet you like
anywhere in the house. Power tools, fan heaters, kettles, irons, two
things on one adapter, there are so many things that half the power
just ain't enough for. It's so much more convenient in the UK to be
able to power anything in any room from any socket.

How much portable 3KW equipment do you have? It is pretty hard to find
anything you can carry around except your 2kw tea pots that is more
than 1440w. We are not in that big a hurry to drink tea ... or drink
tea at all.
I drink iced tea but I cold brew that.

2.4kW actually, and they're called kettles. How the **** do you heat
hot water to make coffee, tea, or to put in a saucepan to cook food?

I turn the burner on...
For cooking - for sure.

Or for coffee or tea I use the Kuerig.

A 1500 watt kettle heats water plenty fast enough for making hot
beverages.
The old toasters were also pretty fast. I think some of the cheap
Chinese crap we get is made for 240 with a 120 volt cord - - REALLY
slow compared to the older North American made stuff.

Most people in the UK use a 3KW kettle.
Being hot tea lovers, we must have our brew boiled twice as fast ;-)
--
Bod

I have an electric kettle at home I found at a thrift store years ago and paid $3.00 for it. It is extremely useful when I was in need of boiling water for Ramen Noodles. I really don't drink hot tea or coffee so I used it for other things in need of hot water. It whistles when it's ready and uses a standard 120vac outlet so I can plug it in anywhere in the house. I could boil water on the gas stove but that seems like a waste of energy and dumps heat into the house in the summer months for the air-conditioning to deal with. The electric kettle is very convenient. As I recall, it draws 800 watts at 120vac which is not very much power for what it does. It's one of the most useful small electric appliances that I own. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Boiled Monster

800W?! That must take hours.
--

The kettle is mostly plastic so there is no heat loss. It actually heats water rather quickly. I'd basically put the amount of water I need in it and the less water, the quicker it boils. I would put water in it, plug it in and go about my other activities until I heard it whistle. I never timed it but it does the job and that's all I care about. I'd buy the ramen noodles that came in the foam cup and it takes very little water to prepare the noodles in the cup. The flat packaged noodles take a bit more water and time to prepare but it's not a problem. ^_^

I miss cooking because I'd experiment quite a lot which was fun for me. No batch of pasta sauce was ever the same and I'd make a large pot of it. I usually put ground beef and meatballs in the sauce but I've used ground turkey or ground pork. I've even put diced chicken breast in the sauce. Cooking various bits of dead animal with lifeless plant matter can be very fulfilling if one enjoys that sort of thing. Of course, I like to eat. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hungry Monster

Your camping kettle as we'd call it (you seem to have the same power rating as silly little portable things we run off a car battery in a tent) would take ages to make anything more than one cup of tea. What if you're going to cook a meal or make drinks for 5 people?

--
What do you call a cheap circumcision?
A rip off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I would use my 9000w stove if I was cooking for anyone. Drinks here
are usually cold, not hot. I can't think of the last time I drank hot
tea.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

And a Keurig is a 1500 watt unit both in Britain and North America.
The old style "canadian" (made almost exclusively be GE Canada) tea
kettles are 1500 watts, the newer plastic "international" kettles are
1200 watts.

The 3Kw kettles days are numbered in Europe and Britain as well. The
EU is outlawing them, which means unless the UK builds them for
domestic use only, their days are numbered there too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Melitta Bentz invented the coffee filter and Gotlobb Witmann invented
the first electric drip brewer. The Germans take care of important
matters while Brits fuss around with teaballs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/28/2018 10:51 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Your camping kettle as we'd call it (you seem to have the same power
rating as silly little portable things we run off a car battery in a
tent) would take ages to make anything more than one cup of tea. What
if you're going to cook a meal or make drinks for 5 people?

My camping kettle is powered by a Svea 123.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svea_123

Being a close relative of a gasoline blowtorch it gets the job done.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's why we beat Canada to The Moon and why we are the tech engine of the world. I suppose you arrogant "First Worlders" need to catch up. I gotta go find a mirror now and be amazed. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Worldly Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 12:12:14 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

Melitta Bentz invented the coffee filter and Gotlobb Witmann invented
the first electric drip brewer. The Germans take care of important
matters while Brits fuss around with teaballs.

....while senile Yankietards simply suck Scottish troll cock on Usenet,
right, lowbrowman? LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 12:17:16 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

My camping kettle is powered by a Svea 123.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svea_123

Being a close relative of a gasoline blowtorch it gets the job done.

STILL going on about stupid kettles, you ridiculous senile Yankietard? LMAO

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I never had guests at home for dinner. It was just me and a housemate when I had one. I lived most of my life by myself. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Solitary Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ESPECIALLY Senile Yank Alert! LOL

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 12:04:04 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Monster drooled and
driveled again:

That's why we beat Canada to The Moon and why we are the tech engine of
the world. I suppose you arrogant "First Worlders" need to catch up. I
gotta go find a mirror now and be amazed. ^_^

"We", you deluded senile ****? That's why YOU suck troll cock on Usenet! LOL

[8~{} Auntie Deluded Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 12:11:39 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Monster drooled and
driveled again:

I never had guests at home for dinner. It was just me and a housemate
when I had one. I lived most of my life by myself. ^_^

Tell us something everyone didn't know already, you miserable sucker of
troll cock!

[8~{} Auntie Miserable Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 22:19:09 +0200, Peeler
wrote:

"We", you deluded senile ****? That's why YOU suck troll cock on Usenet! LOL

See a psychiatrist, maybe that will help with your Aspergers syndrome,
you deluded, senile, cock sucking troll.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 20:27:33 +0000, None wrote:

"We", you deluded senile ****? That's why YOU suck troll cock on Usenet! LOL

See a psychiatrist, maybe that will help with your Aspergers syndrome,
you deluded, senile, cock sucking troll.

LOL! Oh, lookie, a "new" lover of troll cock appeared out of nowhere! You
senile idiots really stand up for you addiction, eh? VBG

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 23:18:34 +0200, Peeler
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 20:27:33 +0000, None wrote:

"We", you deluded senile ****? That's why YOU suck troll cock on Usenet! LOL

See a psychiatrist, maybe that will help with your Aspergers syndrome,
you deluded, senile, cock sucking troll.

LOL! Oh, lookie, a "new" lover of troll cock appeared out of nowhere! You
senile idiots really stand up for you addiction, eh? VBG

You are nothing but a one string banjo and there is absolutely nothing
you can do to stop anyone from communicating with anyone else. All
you can do is make a single irritating sound that virtually everyone
ignores.

You are worse than Burford and Monster combined, not to mention JWS.

Seek help or FOAD.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 22:57:14 +0000, None, the troll-loving idiot, blabbered:

LOL! Oh, lookie, a "new" lover of troll cock appeared out of nowhere! You
senile idiots really stand up for you addiction, eh? VBG

You are nothing but a one string banjo and there is absolutely nothing
you can do to stop anyone from communicating with anyone else.

Oh, yes, I can! I will keep exposing the senility and idiocy of all you
troll-loving senile cocksuckers for as long as you keep sucking the troll's
cock. And there's nothing YOU (or the troll) can do about it. You pathetic
losers are even too emotionally engaged to killfile me which goes to show
how much I keep hitting a sore spot with you pathetic morons.

You are worse than Burford and Monster combined, not to mention JWS.

Nice to see how MUCH I keep irritating you, you "irritated" moron! LOL

Seek help or FOAD.

ONLY in your irritated dreams, irritated idiot! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We're leaving the EU,. precisely for that stupid reason. Making a kettle lower power does not save power, it just makes it take longer. They're doing the same with vacuum cleaners. As we're not going to be in the EU, they can shove their stupid treehugging rules up their arses.

--
My Wife was at the beauty shop for two hours. That was only for the estimate.
She got a mudpack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I drink cold drinks too, but I'm unusual in the UK for that. How powerful is one hob on your stove? We usually boil the water in a kettle, then add it to the vegetables or whatever in the pan on the stove. Kettle 3kW, one hob about 1.5kW.

--
War is god's way of teaching Americans geography -- Ambrose Bierce
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The Germans would have made the world a far better place if you hadn't got involved in the war.

--
I just took a leaflet out of my mailbox, informing me that I can have sex at 75.
I'm so happy, because I live at number 71.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 19:17:16 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 04/28/2018 10:51 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Your camping kettle as we'd call it (you seem to have the same power
rating as silly little portable things we run off a car battery in a
tent) would take ages to make anything more than one cup of tea. What
if you're going to cook a meal or make drinks for 5 people?

My camping kettle is powered by a Svea 123.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svea_123

Being a close relative of a gasoline blowtorch it gets the job done.

I don't take any source of heat camping. I see camping as minimalist, I take only what I need.

--
Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the creator of human intelligence.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

And what did getting to the moon achieve for America? Are you mining it or something?

--
The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Are you a virgin?

--
I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I always live around several pets. Parrots, cats, budgies, etc.

--
I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/29/2018 06:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

And what did getting to the moon achieve for America? Are you mining it
or something?

That was the plan but the Germans told them to sod off the moon was theirs.

https://moonconspiracy.wordpress.com...e-on-the-moon/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 11:30:42 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

The Germans would have made the world a far better place if you hadn't
got involved in the war.

Either one...

The Germans would have euthanized him on the spot, instead of sucking him
off, like you senile Yankietards keep doing!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 11:37:32 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

And what did getting to the moon achieve for America? Are you mining it
or something?

That was the plan but the Germans told them to sod off the moon was theirs.

https://moonconspiracy.wordpress.com...e-on-the-moon/

The troll baits, and lowbrowman bites! ...every time! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 18:37:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 04/29/2018 06:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

And what did getting to the moon achieve for America? Are you mining it
or something?

That was the plan but the Germans told them to sod off the moon was theirs.

https://moonconspiracy.wordpress.com...e-on-the-moon/

So you lost the war up there then?

--
How come abbreviated is such a long word?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2018 10:15 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 18:37:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 04/29/2018 06:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

And what did getting to the moon achieve for America? Are you mining it
or something?

That was the plan but the Germans told them to sod off the moon was
theirs.

https://moonconspiracy.wordpress.com...e-on-the-moon/

So you lost the war up there then?

Little known fact. Why do you think the US never went back?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, yet another endlessly

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 12:36:07 -0600, lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile
whore!

So you lost the war up there then?

Little known fact. Why do you think the US never went back?

Going by your example, the Americans simply turned into cocksuckers,
lowbrowman.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 19:36:07 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 04/30/2018 10:15 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 18:37:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 04/29/2018 06:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

And what did getting to the moon achieve for America? Are you mining it
or something?

That was the plan but the Germans told them to sod off the moon was
theirs.

https://moonconspiracy.wordpress.com...e-on-the-moon/

So you lost the war up there then?

Little known fact. Why do you think the US never went back?

Because you're a bunch of sissies.

--
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Doctor Who
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/01/2018 07:46 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 19:36:07 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 04/30/2018 10:15 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 18:37:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 04/29/2018 06:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

And what did getting to the moon achieve for America? Are you
mining it
or something?

That was the plan but the Germans told them to sod off the moon was
theirs.

https://moonconspiracy.wordpress.com...e-on-the-moon/

So you lost the war up there then?

Little known fact. Why do you think the US never went back?

Because you're a bunch of sissies.

Looking at Hogg & Co. I'd have to agree our dysgenic breeding is working
superbly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 May 2018 10:55:03 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

Because you're a bunch of sissies.

Looking at Hogg & Co. I'd have to agree our dysgenic breeding is working
superbly.

You are certainly a case in point, you senile sucker of Scottish troll cock!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 May 2018 17:55:03 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/01/2018 07:46 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 19:36:07 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 04/30/2018 10:15 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 18:37:32 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 04/29/2018 06:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

And what did getting to the moon achieve for America? Are you
mining it
or something?

That was the plan but the Germans told them to sod off the moon was
theirs.

https://moonconspiracy.wordpress.com...e-on-the-moon/

So you lost the war up there then?

Little known fact. Why do you think the US never went back?

Because you're a bunch of sissies.

Looking at Hogg & Co. I'd have to agree our dysgenic breeding is working
superbly.

People really shouldn't breed unless they're good looking, intelligent, healthy, and fit.

--
Walking on your hands is simply chickening out in the middle of a cartwheel.