Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Girl critically hurt in HS shooting may have had relationship with suspected gunman, police say

THIS POST IS ABOUT FIREARMS

As many of you want to discuss firearms, let's go for it.

This article indicates the 17 year old school shooter was using a Glock
semi-automatic.

Girl critically hurt in HS shooting may have had relationship with
suspected gunman, police say

ABC News http://tinyurl.com/y7oobm4r

Where and how would a 17 year old get a Glock SA sidearm? He could
have bought one "in-da-hood" (for you racists) or, more likely, he got
it from his parents night stand (speculation). There is no state I am
aware of where a 17 year old can legally buy a sidearm.

If procured from his parents, this demonstrates the futility of
background checks for purchasers. Even when sold to "stable" people,
there is little control over who else will have access to the weapons.
I know, maybe we need the police to determine if everyone is
"responsible" before selling them a weapon, please.....

If bought "in-da-hood", that would illustrate the obscenity of so many
firearms being in general circulation.

This time the carnage was less, thankfully. It could have easily been
far worse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:41:13 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

[...]

The only thing that made this shooting stand out was he did it at a
school.
At least you admit the futility of "more laws". They have plenty.
I am curious about where the gun came from too. Usually that gets lost
in the statistics if this was just the regular street shooting that
Maryland has hundreds of every year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Almost certainly a tergetted shooting - and most likely a "crime of
passion". She likely told him to take a hike.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I "admitted" no such thing.

I wish to eliminate from civilian ownership all semi-automatic and
weapons which utilize removable magazines.

In fact, I would not object to amending the constitution to repeal the
second amendment and introduce a realistic approach to civilian
ownership of firearms.

I am not in favor of more absurd laws regarding firearms. I am in
favor of nationwide, constitutional firearm reform. Taking the issue
completely out of the hands of each state.

It is an uphill climb, I know that, but at least I am seeking a
solution, which is more than I can say for you Fretwell. Oh and no,
genocide against half of the world's population is not a realistic
approach nor is open carry for every resident of the USA.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/20/2018 at 1:12:53 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

Almost certainly a tergetted shooting - and most likely a "crime of
passion". She likely told him to take a hike.

In that case, it's really no big deal. One kid dead and two injured,
just another day in the wild, wild, east.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 3:12:59 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:

Almost certainly a tergetted shooting - and most likely a "crime of
passion". She likely told him to take a hike.

+1

Posted to alt.home.repair

Usually that gets lost in the statistics if this was just the regular
street shooting that
Maryland has hundreds of every year.

That and many other facts which the anti-gun media and anti gun whiners
seem to forget.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Futility is your word, look up.

What does this have to do with semi autos or magazines?
He did not fire that many shots.

Now if you think you can ban all guns, good luck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/20/2018 at 3:43:59 PM, wrote:

good luck

Hey buddy, thanks!

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I really think SwallowBeak is losing it. He's all over the type of
gun, when the kid could have just as easily done his shooting with a
revolver.

Now if you think you can ban all guns, good luck.

Obviously that's his intention. He claims to only want to ban
semi-auto guns of all kind. But then here is ranting about the gun in
a situation where the same thing could be done with a revolver. So, if he
gets to confiscate the semi-autos, then it will be time to confiscate the
revolvers, because we still have shoootings like this.