Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gun laws in Mass

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2013/02/17/the-nation-toughest-gun-control-law-made-massachusetts-less-safe/3845k7xHzkwTrBWy4KpkEM/story.html?event=event25
Posted to alt.home.repair

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2013/02/17/the-nation-toughest-gun-control-law-made-massachusetts-less-safe/3845k7xHzkwTrBWy4KpkEM/story.html?event=event25

Let's start with that this guy's "facts" don't appear to jive with the
FBI's. Here is the murder rate in MA, and any reasonable person would
conclude that it's been flat since 1997, not sharply up as he claims.
It's 2.0 per 100K, one of the lowest in the USA

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/murder-...-state#MRalpha

Here are the firearm death rates by state, with MA the *second lowest* in
the US, bettered only by HI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...tates_by_state

NJ, NY, CT, CA are all in the lowest ten. So, using NJ, NY, MA I could
easily make the case that reasonable gun permitting laws and process work.

The violent crime rate in MA is lower than in your state of FL, where
everybody supposedly runs around carrying guns to keep it a peaceful,
crime free place.

I think his numbers and his allegations are highly suspect, based on just
the above.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 10:38:55 -0800 (PST), trader_4

[...]

Maybe we could send you a few hundred thousand haitians, drug
smugglers and send home the northern thugs that moved here. Then we
will see what happens. I will agree New York has a better crime rate
because of the "law" but it is not better laws, it is more stringent
law enforcement. Enough so that the civil rights groups bitch about
it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 06 Mar 2018 12:32:14 -0500, wrote:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2013/02/17/the-nation-toughest-gun-control-law-made-massachusetts-less-safe/3845k7xHzkwTrBWy4KpkEM/story.html?event=event25

John Lott is right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

As if NJ doesn't have Newark, Camden and Atlantic City, immigrants
from all over the planet and drugs too.

IDK much about MA gun laws. If they did what the opinion piece says,
which is took a whole lot of guns out of the hands of private citizens
20 years ago, then the fact that it's still the 4th lowest violent crime
rate state would suggest that having those guns around wasn't the big
crime deterrent it's made out to be by the guns rights folks. Note
I'm not saying I agree with draconian laws, I wouldn't seek to get
guns out of the hands of the public, only reasonable background
screening by the local police so that criminals, mental cases and
troubled people like Cruz can't buy them.

Then we
will see what happens. I will agree New York has a better crime rate
because of the "law" but it is not better laws, it is more stringent
law enforcement. Enough so that the civil rights groups bitch about
it.

Well, IDK. If you're talking about NYC, that was true under Giuliani
who started tough enforcement and Blumenthal who continued most of it. But
Di Blasio, the ultra lib who shut down stop and frisk and made it
OK to pee in the street again has been there for years now. So far,
the crime rate hasn't gone up, but it probably takes awhile for
it to be reversed, so we'll see. There are more people peeing in the
street, living in the trains and subway stations again already, that's
probably the beginning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 16:04:00 -0800 (PST), trader_4

Then we
will see what happens. I will agree New York has a better crime rate
because of the "law" but it is not better laws, it is more stringent
law enforcement. Enough so that the civil rights groups bitch about
it.

Well, IDK. If you're talking about NYC, that was true under Giuliani
who started tough enforcement and Blumenthal who continued most of it. But
Di Blasio, the ultra lib who shut down stop and frisk and made it
OK to pee in the street again has been there for years now. So far,
the crime rate hasn't gone up, but it probably takes awhile for
it to be reversed, so we'll see. There are more people peeing in the
street, living in the trains and subway stations again already, that's
probably the beginning.

Bloomberg doubled down on Rudy and you are right DiBlasio backed off
on a lot of that but I doubt the peace is going to hold once that ****
in the street culture matures.