Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Your Location Data Is Being Sold-Often Without Your Knowledge

On 3/4/2018 9:28 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 4/3/2018 23:27, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Your Location Data Is Being Sold-Often Without Your Knowledge

As location-aware advertising goes mainstream-like that Jack in the
Box ad
that appears whenever you get near one, in whichever app you have
open at
the time-and as popular apps harvest your lucrative location data, the
potential for leaking or exploiting this data has never been higher.

Â* No smart phones in our house ... there's a flip phone in the car - we
turn it on for emergencies and when we're traveling . I think it can
connect to the internet , but I've never tried . Good luck trying to
track my location .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 10:20:24 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

No smart phones in our house [...] Good luck trying to track my location .

The industry has no need for outliers like you. The millenials click on the
'accept' button instantly and they won't really understand the depth of the
problem until the smart advertising signs on the sidewalk beside them start
following them around with ads for adult diapers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/04/2018 09:20 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 3/4/2018 9:28 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 4/3/2018 23:27, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Your Location Data Is Being Sold-Often Without Your Knowledge

As location-aware advertising goes mainstream-like that Jack in the
Box ad
that appears whenever you get near one, in whichever app you have
open at
the time-and as popular apps harvest your lucrative location data, the
potential for leaking or exploiting this data has never been higher.

No smart phones in our house ... there's a flip phone in the car - we
turn it on for emergencies and when we're traveling . I think it can
connect to the internet , but I've never tried . Good luck trying to
track my location .

My internet connection is Verizon wireless. One of the perks is the IP
address shows up as a rat hole in Utah. Google faithfully gives me the
weather for SLC and the ads direct me to the Home Depot in Bountiful or
some place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 2:21:28 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
[...]

Heck, I always use a proxy. Right now it shows me to be in New York City when I'm actually in Birmingham, Al. It often shows me to be in Clifton, New Jersey when I'm using the U.S. proxy. I can switch to Singapore, The UK or The Netherlands. I'm using the free version of Browsec. ^_^

https://browsec.com/en/

[8~{} Uncle Proxy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/5/2018 3:24 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Â* I dunno Unc , I've heard tell that if it's free to use - you're the
product . They ain't doing this out of any sense of altruism , I suspect
.... what's your take on that aspect of it ? What are they getting from
this relationship ?

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/05/2018 02:37 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

https://browsec.com/en/privacypolicy

Browsec does not disclose your personal information unless the FBI asks
nicely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 3:37:23 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

I do get a popup every now and then from Browsec touting their premium service. ^_^

Browsec helps hide my terrorist activity. Terrorizing Progressive Liberal Leftist Moonbat Commiecrat Freaks is important work. It's funny how people of that persuasion would do physical harm to those they disagree with so it's best they don't know exactly where I am. I had one of them try to harass me in real life and cause harm but it was thwarted. Just because I think someone is a Leftist idiot and I don't agree with their view of the world doesn't mean I will ever try to harm them in real life. Everyone should use a proxy to hide their real location. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hidden Monster