Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Police officers guard home of deputy assigned to Florida HS who 'never went in' during shooting: report

trader_4 posted for all of us...

I'm not blaming the gun. I'm saying that with reasonable gun control
laws like we have in NJ, Cruz could not have walked in and bought his
guns. People keep saying, "there were red flags, why didn't someone
do something"? The answer is, FL has such lax laws and procedures,
there was no place for those red flags to enter into the process.
Here, the local police do a background check prior to a permit. You
know, the local police that were called to the house 23 times, that
had call records showing he had mental problems, was being treated
at a mental health facility, etc. There was plenty there to result
in the permit being denied. FL, he just walked right on in to the
store, free to buy.

YOU call them reasonable; I call them onerous. The system didn't work and
MORE legislation won't fix it. The burden is on you to protect yourself. The
police have no duty to act. The supremes have comfirmed both...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 4:58:19 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

What exactly is so onerous about filling out a one page application form
and having the local police do a background investigation BEFORE you're
allowed to buy guns? The system in FL didn't work, because THERE WAS
NO SYSTEM. It really is that simple. BTW, if you can point us to the
SC decisions where they said that the police have no duty to act and
that the burden for protection is solely on the citizen, I'm sure
we'd all be most interested in reading them. Waiting......
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 posted for all of us...

What exactly is so onerous about filling out a one page application form
and having the local police do a background investigation BEFORE you're
allowed to buy guns?

Ask the lawful people in Jersey who apply. I know I can't use mt CCW in
Jersey.

The system in FL didn't work, because THERE WAS
NO SYSTEM. It really is that simple.

Gee all the news casts were pointing out the failures of the system. So is
there a system or not?

It is really NOT that simple because you look at issues from YOUR viewpoint
ONLY and don't allow any opposing facts intrude.

BTW, if you can point us to the
SC decisions where they said that the police have no duty to act and
that the burden for protection is solely on the citizen, I'm sure
we'd all be most interested in reading them. Waiting......

I'm not doing your research. You spout facts all day long so find it.

I've got other posters to hopefully help and not argue politics which you
cannot endeavor to even consider opposing viewpoints.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 2:44:40 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
trader_4 posted for all of us...

What exactly is so onerous about filling out a one page application form
and having the local police do a background investigation BEFORE you're
allowed to buy guns?

Ask the lawful people in Jersey who apply. I know I can't use mt CCW in
Jersey.

No, I'm asking you. You object to a reasonable permit process, so I
want to know what's so onerous about it? I live in NJ, have gone through
our process and I'm fine with it. In other words, I know because I've
done it, you're just talking without knowing anything. I'd like to see
a process like NJ has be put in place uniformly across the USA. It
would not only prevent troubled people like Cruz from buying a gun in
a store, it would also deter straw purchasers who buy a bunch of guns
in states with lax laws and then transport them to cities like Chicago
where they are used in crimes.

The system in FL didn't work, because THERE WAS
NO SYSTEM. It really is that simple.

Gee all the news casts were pointing out the failures of the system. So is
there a system or not?

There isn't any system that I can see. If you feel otherwise, you could
explain what system there was in FL to keep troubled people from walking
into a gun store and buying guns. I've explained the NJ process. The
local police have to issue a permit after doing a background check.
In the FL case, the police had 23 calls to the house, knew the kid was
troubled, knew he was being treated for mental problems, which was
plenty to deny the permit. It's where the red flags already were and
where they logically would be used to block a sale.

It is really NOT that simple because you look at issues from YOUR viewpoint
ONLY and don't allow any opposing facts intrude.

Quite the contrary. I've engaged you and asked you to make your case.
But all you do is huff and puff and tell me to ask someone else.

BTW, if you can point us to the
SC decisions where they said that the police have no duty to act and
that the burden for protection is solely on the citizen, I'm sure
we'd all be most interested in reading them. Waiting......

I'm not doing your research. You spout facts all day long so find it.

See, they you go again. I gave you your opportunity to make your point,
but you can't back up what you just posted. I'm not making the claim,
you are. You back it up. I've backed up what I've posted.

I've got other posters to hopefully help and not argue politics which you
cannot endeavor to even consider opposing viewpoints.

--
Tekkie

The most important part of considering opposing viewpoints is for those
putting them forth to be able to engage, defend them, answer questions,
put forth their case. You've failed miserably.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 posted for all of us...

[...]

If you only filled out one form to purchase a firearm then NJ or you are
bleeped up. You need to fill out a federal form at least, like I stated I'm
not in Jersey so I don't what else is needed. Your waiting period is screwed
up. In PA to purchase you fill out the PSP & federal forms. Call is made to
database and approval is dinied/accepted. it costs $3. you walk out with
purchase after paying.

I am not catering to your blathering. OVER & OUT

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 4:01:07 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
trader_4 posted for all of us...

[...]

OMG, what an unbearable burden, to have to also fill out the simple fed
form. It's simpler than the one page state form. Better to just let
people like Cruz walk in to a gun store and
buy what they want. We just saw how well that worked, but the NRA just
keeps up the propaganda and lobbying.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 3 Mar 2018 16:01:07 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

trader_4 posted for all of us...

[...]

A NCIC background check isn't required at all in Georgia, to purchase
a firearm, if you have a concealed carry permit. No forms to fill out
at all (other than the bill of sale). The background check has
already been done. I don't believe Georgia is alone, in this regard.

I am not catering to your blathering. OVER & OUT