Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Police officers guard home of deputy assigned to Florida HS who 'never went in' during shooting: report

trader_4 posted for all of us...

I'm not blaming the gun. I'm saying that with reasonable gun control
laws like we have in NJ, Cruz could not have walked in and bought his
guns. People keep saying, "there were red flags, why didn't someone
do something"? The answer is, FL has such lax laws and procedures,
there was no place for those red flags to enter into the process.
Here, the local police do a background check prior to a permit. You
know, the local police that were called to the house 23 times, that
had call records showing he had mental problems, was being treated
at a mental health facility, etc. There was plenty there to result
in the permit being denied. FL, he just walked right on in to the
store, free to buy.

YOU call them reasonable; I call them onerous. The system didn't work and
MORE legislation won't fix it. The burden is on you to protect yourself. The
police have no duty to act. The supremes have comfirmed both...

--
Tekkie