Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Walmart to Raise Age to Buy Guns and Ammunition to 21

Walmart to Raise Age to Buy Guns and Ammunition to 21

The New York Times http://tinyurl.com/yb3mbvsd

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2018 7:36 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
Walmart to Raise Age to Buy Guns and Ammunition to 21

The New York Times http://tinyurl.com/yb3mbvsd

Can't buy smokes and booze, ammo and guns should be added.

There are many kids that shoot and hunt, but having parental control is
not a bad thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/28/2018 7:36 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
Walmart to Raise Age to Buy Guns and Ammunition to 21

The New York Times http://tinyurl.com/yb3mbvsd

Can't buy smokes and booze, ammo and guns should be added.

There are many kids that shoot and hunt, but having parental control
is not a bad thing.

Of course it will do nothing to deter Las Vegas style attacks, but, it
is a feel good type of step.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2018 7:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/28/2018 7:36 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
Walmart to Raise Age to Buy Guns and Ammunition to 21

The New York Times http://tinyurl.com/yb3mbvsd

Can't buy smokes and booze, ammo and guns should be added.

There are many kids that shoot and hunt, but having parental control is
not a bad thing.

I had to give my age at Cabelas today to get ammo. Told the cashier,
"Jesus Christ. Do I look like I am under 21."

Once at Kmart they asked my age to bye doe pee. I told the cashier a
date about 30 years younger and woman in back of me practically fell on
the floor laughing.

What a compliment to a guy in his 70's
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/18 8:02 PM, Frank wrote:
On 2/28/2018 7:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/28/2018 7:36 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
Walmart to Raise Age to Buy Guns and Ammunition to 21

The New York Times http://tinyurl.com/yb3mbvsd

Can't buy smokes and booze, ammo and guns should be added.

There are many kids that shoot and hunt, but having parental control
is not a bad thing.

I had to give my age at Cabelas today to get ammo.Â* Told the cashier,
"Jesus Christ. Do I look like I am under 21."

Once at Kmart they asked my age to bye doe pee.Â* I told the cashier a
date about 30 years younger and woman in back of me practically fell
on the floor laughing.

What a compliment to a guy in his 70's

In my 50s I was "carded" at an airport bar because I was in a small
group with a couple 20-somethings. Guy says they were under orders to
card everyone in a group if even one person looked underage.

Other places I've seen signs saying "we card anyone under 40".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/28/2018 05:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/28/2018 7:36 PM, Dove Tail wrote:
Walmart to Raise Age to Buy Guns and Ammunition to 21

The New York Times http://tinyurl.com/yb3mbvsd

Can't buy smokes and booze, ammo and guns should be added.

There are many kids that shoot and hunt, but having parental control is
not a bad thing.

Years ago I bought some Winchester white box .45 ACP at Walmart. It must
have set off some alert because the cashier said under her breathe 'Like
he's going to use it in a shotgun!' before doing whatever she had to do
to continue.

I did get carded at Target buying 'Gears of War'. Wouldn't want tohose
violent video games to influence my developing mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/28/2018 07:02 PM, Frank wrote:

[snip]

I had to give my age at Cabelas today to get ammo.Â* Told the cashier,
"Jesus Christ. Do I look like I am under 21."

Once at Kmart they asked my age to bye doe pee.Â* I told the cashier a
date about 30 years younger and woman in back of me practically fell on
the floor laughing.

What a compliment to a guy in his 70's

While checking out at walmart last year (buying some glue), the register
displayed "is customer 17?". I thought "40 years ago".

BTW, I never even THOUGHT of sniffing glue until the government got in
the way.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Religion has always been the wound, not the bandage." -- Dennis Potter
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2018 12:00 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 23:20:24 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Can't buy smokes and booze, ammo and guns should be added.

There are many kids that shoot and hunt, but having parental control is
not a bad thing.

Yea, can not buy smokes, booze but can buy Tide Pods and Vote.

Seems to me if people under 21 can not be trusted with smokes,and booze
they should not be able to vote. Also should not be able to go in the
military. They turn them loose with items that are much more dangerous
that the AR15 type guns.

That was the way it was with voting until the 60s (21). They also
lowered the drinking age it lots of states to 18. The MADD people had
the drinking age raised but they left the voting age at 18.
18 was also and still is the age for tobacco in most places that have
not been taken over by the nanny state.
If an 18 year old can go in the military he should be able to buy a
beer or a pack of smokes. I am not sure about voting.
We are going to find out if a 19 year old can be executed for murder
pretty soon. Florida has no problem killing killers.

The drinking age in New York state was 18 and while I didn't smoke very
often I don't remember any age restriction on tobacco. However you
didn't get to vote for the slimeballs, either Johnson or Nixon, that
wanted you to go kill gooks for Christ or whatever their motivation was.

Then they reversed the ages. Considering all the good voting does I'd
rather have the beer than the vote. The slimeballs are goingto mess with
you anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery posted for all of us...

Yea, can not buy smokes, booze but can buy Tide Pods and Vote.

Seems to me if people under 21 can not be trusted with smokes,and booze
they should not be able to vote. Also should not be able to go in the
military. They turn them loose with items that are much more dangerous
that the AR15 type guns.

The military does want some in it that are dumb enough to charge into
battle with out thinking how dumb it is to charge a machine gun when
ordered to. The 18 year olds are dumb enough to believe in following
orders without thinking.

The ones that get them into the situation are the ones that bail out.
Look at McAuthor in WW2. He deserted the men, then when the fighting
was over , he comes back and says he has returned. They call him a
hero.

yeah, real leadership there, from the rear like always...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 4:28:19 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

Let me get this right. You actually think McArthur should have stayed in the
Philippines and allowed the Japanese to capture a US general? No problems
with that, right? Besides, it's ridiculous, it was not McArthur's decision to make, he was ordered out.

Rather odd that folks are dredging up McArthur, when they support a foul
mouthed draft dodger sitting in the WH, who insults POWs and brave
Americans like McCain who served, was left disabled in the same war
Cadet Bonespurs dodged.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2018 10:00 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/01/2018 12:00 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 23:20:24 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Reminds me that drinking age in the UK is 18 and school system is such
that you are seldomn younger than 18 when you go to college. They even
have pubs on the campus for the students to go drinking.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 7:38:05 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Let me get this right. You actually think McArthur should have stayed in the
Philippines and allowed the Japanese to capture a US general? No problems
with that, right? Besides, it's ridiculous, it was not McArthur's decision to make, he was ordered out.

Rather odd that folks are dredging up McArthur, when they support a foul
mouthed draft dodger sitting in the WH, who insults POWs and brave
Americans like McCain who served, was left disabled in the same war
Cadet Bonespurs dodged.

If the generals and other higher up officers knew the fate of their men
would also be theirs I bet they would make different decissions.

McArthur was suppose to have been ordered off, but only because he was a
general and 'too valuable' to loose. They should have left his sorry
ass there.

Yes, how very logical. Too bad you were not president or secretary of war
at the time. What exactly was McArthur's grave offense or incompetence
here? He was in charge of the defense of the Philippines, but the US,
totally unprepared for a war with Japan,
had made the decision not to engage the Japanese at that point to hold
the islands. The Philippines were cut off, the US decided not to resupply
them or take any other steps. So WTF exactly was McArthur supposed to do?

And of course if he stayed and was captured, put on display, ransomed
by the Japanese, why then you'd be faulting him for letting that
happen.

After Kennedy how many presidents have served in the military where the
actual fighting was near them ? That is bullets comming within say a
few hundred yards.

Cite for us the presidents that said of others who did serve, eg John McCain
who was shot down, captured, tortured, left partially disabled,
that they "were no war hero". Cite for us the ones that disparaged all
POWs by saying that they "prefer the vets who were not captured". Cite
for us the ones that attacked a Gold Star mother.

Seems like another past president dodged the draft also.

Is that the new Amerika now? Find the lowest point and use it as justification
to sink even lower into the gutter?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/02/2018 06:04 PM, Frank wrote:
Reminds me that drinking age in the UK is 18 and school system is such
that you are seldomn younger than 18 when you go to college. They even
have pubs on the campus for the students to go drinking.

I started college at 16. It did not impair my drinking.