Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ON topic. Plumbing ??

I have a partially plugged pressure line. It's plastic, possibly
polybutylene. 3/8" or so. I tried using an air compressor but that
didn't seem to help. One thought is to use a cable snake or fish tape.
Another is to buy some plastic encased cable. I'd heat the end up a
bit to form it into a bulb. Maybe the plastic would hold the cable together
enough to allow for it to be pushed.
I think a drain snake would be too big for this.
Any thoughts or suggestions.? Thanks muchly
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote:
I have a partially plugged pressure line. It's
plastic, possibly
polybutylene. 3/8" or so. I tried using an air
compressor but that
didn't seem to help. One thought is to use a cable snake
or fish
tape. Another is to buy some plastic encased cable. I'd
heat the
end up a bit to form it into a bulb. Maybe the plastic
would hold the cable
together enough to allow for it to be pushed.
I think a drain snake would be too big for this.
Any thoughts or suggestions.? Thanks muchly

Have ya tried a 1/4" sink snake?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 19:14:48 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

I have a partially plugged pressure line. It's plastic, possibly
polybutylene. 3/8" or so. I tried using an air compressor but that
didn't seem to help. One thought is to use a cable snake or fish tape.
Another is to buy some plastic encased cable. I'd heat the end up a
bit to form it into a bulb. Maybe the plastic would hold the cable together
enough to allow for it to be pushed.
I think a drain snake would be too big for this.
Any thoughts or suggestions.? Thanks muchly

Disconnect at both ends and blow back from the far end.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/27/18 7:41 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote:
I have a partially plugged pressure line. It's
plastic, possibly
polybutylene. 3/8" or so. I tried using an air
compressor but that
didn't seem to help. One thought is to use a cable snake
or fish
tape. Another is to buy some plastic encased cable. I'd
heat the
end up a bit to form it into a bulb. Maybe the plastic
would hold the cable
together enough to allow for it to be pushed.
I think a drain snake would be too big for this.
Any thoughts or suggestions.? Thanks muchly

Have ya tried a 1/4" sink snake?

No. I forgot to mention this line is about 60' long. No harm
in trying, though. Maybe the obstruction is near the end.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/27/2018 5:14 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â*Â*Â* I have a partially plugged pressure line.Â* It's plastic, possibly
polybutylene.Â*Â* 3/8" or so.Â*Â* I tried using an air compressor but that
Â*didn't seem to help.Â* One thought is to use a cable snake or fish tape.
Â*Another is to buy some plastic encased cable.Â*Â* I'd heat the end up a
bit to form it into a bulb.Â* Maybe the plastic would hold the cable
together
enough to allow for it to be pushed.
Â*Â* I think a drain snake would be too big for this.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Any thoughts or suggestions.?Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Thanks muchly

Isolate it and reverse flush it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/27/18 8:14 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â*Â*Â* I have a partially plugged pressure line.Â* It's plastic, possibly
polybutylene.Â*Â* 3/8" or so.Â*Â* I tried using an air compressor but that
Â*didn't seem to help.Â* One thought is to use a cable snake or fish tape.
Â*Another is to buy some plastic encased cable.Â*Â* I'd heat the end up a
bit to form it into a bulb.Â* Maybe the plastic would hold the cable
together
enough to allow for it to be pushed.
Â*Â* I think a drain snake would be too big for this.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Any thoughts or suggestions.?Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Thanks muchly

What about a roll of #12 electrical wire pushed thru the line ?