Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Siding

Our 25+ year vinyl siding is on it's last leg. Because of the southern exposure, it is faded and getting brittle. We could get it resided with vinyl , but wondering what is out there in terms of newer products that we could replace the vinyl with and still be reasonably priced.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 14:50:42 -0800 (PST), c1gmlm
wrote:

Our 25+ year vinyl siding is on it's last leg. Because of the southern exposure,
it is faded and getting brittle. We could get it resided with vinyl ,
but wondering what is out there in terms of newer products that we could
replace the vinyl with and still be reasonably priced.
Thanks

We're left guessing - where on this great big planet do you live ?
I'll guess northern hemisphere seems obvious -
.. somewhere in the US of A ?
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Our 25+ year vinyl siding is on it's last leg. Because of the southern exposure, it is faded and getting brittle. We could get it resided with vinyl , but wondering what is out there in terms of newer products that we could replace the vinyl with and still be reasonably priced.

Thanks

Aluminumsiding. Ours is over 40 years old. About 10 years ago we put a
new coat of paint on it and it looks as good as the day it was
installed. A bit more expensive than vinyl, but it has scrap value
when you end up having to remove it -

The newer vinyl is better than the old stuff (one of the only products
other than cars that is) - but it will never stand up like aluminum
(unless you have kids using the aluminum as a backstop)
Posted to alt.home.repair
boB boB is offline

On 2/26/2018 5:50 PM, c1gmlm wrote:
Our 25+ year vinyl siding is on it's last leg. Because of the southern exposure, it is faded and getting brittle. We could get it resided with vinyl , but wondering what is out there in terms of newer products that we could replace the vinyl with and still be reasonably priced.

Thanks

Some insurance companies in some areas give a substantial discount for fire resistant siding and roofing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 6:53:34 PM UTC-6, Clare Snyder wrote:

Aluminumsiding. Ours is over 40 years old. About 10 years ago we put a
new coat of paint on it and it looks as good as the day it was
installed. A bit more expensive than vinyl, but it has scrap value
when you end up having to remove it -

Did you use any special paint when you did you refreshed your aluminum
siding?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 5:50:57 PM UTC-5, c1gmlm wrote:
Our 25+ year vinyl siding is on it's last leg. Because of the southern exposure, it is faded and getting brittle. We could get it resided with vinyl , but wondering what is out there in terms of newer products that we could replace the vinyl with and still be reasonably priced.

Thanks

We live in Southern Michigan
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/27/18 9:06 PM, c1gmlm wrote:
On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 5:50:57 PM UTC-5, c1gmlm wrote:
Our 25+ year vinyl siding is on it's last leg. Because of the southern exposure, it is faded and getting brittle. We could get it resided with vinyl , but wondering what is out there in terms of newer products that we could replace the vinyl with and still be reasonably priced.

Thanks

We live in Southern Michigan

My condolences. Back in the day, a job transfer forced me to do five
years there ;-)

--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.