Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chronotherm III the fan will not shurt

I have two units, both the same kind. The main one when turned on, the fan
will not turn off. i see the temps and can adjust them, but I can not get fan
off

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1160146-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 11:44:09 PM UTC-5, Johnnie Chesser wrote:
I have two units, both the same kind. The main one when turned on, the fan
will not turn off. i see the temps and can adjust them, but I can not get fan
off

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1160146-.htm

Does it respond to the separate fan switch on the thermostat? There
are basically a few possibilities:

Stuck relay or similar failure on the thermostat
Stuck relay or similar failure in the furnace
If it's an older furnace with a fan temp switch, that could be set wrong or bad
Wiring short on the fan wire, but that would have the fan on all the time
independent of the thermostat.