Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone know how to remove those new perfumes from cloths?

Hi All,

Anyone know how to remove those new two week persistent
perfumes and body heat activated perfumes from clothing?

Vinegar soaks, baking soda soaks, disk washing soap,
multiple washes all do not work. The stuff just
won't wash out.

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 3:30:36 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone know how to remove those new two week persistent
perfumes and body heat activated perfumes from clothing?

Vinegar soaks, baking soda soaks, disk washing soap,
multiple washes all do not work. The stuff just
won't wash out.

Many thanks,
-T

Just stop dressing in drag or put on some extra perfume when you go out on the town.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 12:30:30 -0800, T wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone know how to remove those new two week persistent
perfumes and body heat activated perfumes from clothing?

Vinegar soaks, baking soda soaks, disk washing soap,
multiple washes all do not work. The stuff just
won't wash out.

Many thanks,
-T

Don't know. Try some Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (Wally Mart) or
the TSP (red box) at HD in the paint section. Put into the wash cycle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone know how to remove those new two week persistent
perfumes and body heat activated perfumes from clothing?

Vinegar soaks, baking soda soaks, disk washing soap,
multiple washes all do not work. The stuff just
won't wash out.

Many thanks,
-T

Hang them outside for a couple of days, preferably not in direct sun,
as many modern color dyes are photoreactive and the colors might fade.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/23/2018 3:30 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone know how to remove those new two week persistent
perfumes and body heat activated perfumes from clothing?

Vinegar soaks, baking soda soaks, disk washing soap,
multiple washes all do not work.Â* The stuff just
won't wash out.

Many thanks,
-T

Should diminish with time and repeated washings. Also drying in a hot
drier should help. Don't think color safe bleach would help as these
type odors aren't that reactive. Don't know about enzyme containing
washing products if they still are around.

Something else I might consider are washes and sprays designed for deer
hunters - I think you are one - that are said to get rid of human odors
on clothing.

Saw a good one the other day where undershirt with a few fibers
containing colloidal silver were odor free.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Fire fixes everything. Start over with regular ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/23/2018 03:09 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 12:30:30 -0800, T wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone know how to remove those new two week persistent
perfumes and body heat activated perfumes from clothing?

Vinegar soaks, baking soda soaks, disk washing soap,
multiple washes all do not work. The stuff just
won't wash out.

Many thanks,
-T

Don't know. Try some Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (Wally Mart) or
the TSP (red box) at HD in the paint section. Put into the wash cycle.

Hi Oren,

We are thinking that is the route. But there is a major
problem with washing soda (soda ash). It attracts perfume and
Arm & Hammer's cardboard box is no barrier at all.
It doesn't help that it is typically stored next to
laundry products and air fresheners either.

The last box I tried from Wally World was so VIOLENTLY
perfumed that I had to wrap it in foil (a perfect
perfume barrier) and toss it in the bin OUTSIDE,
then wash my hands in vinegar.

It was as is someone have broke one of those cheap
$10 / gallon bottles of perfume Wally World sells
in front of me. You know those bottles guys buy
their wives and their wives get even with them by
buying their husbands electric shavers (a.k.a electric
face massagers and/or hair pullers).

I tried a couple of boxes from Amazon too. Also
perfumed, but not a bad. Amazon refunded me.

But things are looking up. Laundry products are
not the only products that use soda ash. Pool
supply stores sell it too. And in HARD plastic
tubs. Plastic is not a barrier ether, but is
far more effective than cardboard, so the only
perfume it would be exposed to would be the
employees stupid enough to douse themselves
with such toxic chemicals.

And, we were able to use Oxo Brite, while it
was being sold by Wally World, in a hard plastic
tub right next to the other laundry products.
We would wipe the outside with vinegar to
remove the stink. And the stink never got inside
(Oxo Brite is half soda ash).

So, maybe we are on the right track.

I think it would be an eye opening experience
for those folks that LOVE to douce themselves
with these toxic chemical to experience asthma
for a day. Maybe they would become considerate
neighbors? Well, maybe for a week or two.

Thank you for the help!
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/23/2018 03:55 PM, Frank wrote:

Should diminish with time and repeated washings.Â* Also drying in a hot
drier should help.Â* Don't think color safe bleach would help as these
type odors aren't that reactive.Â* Don't know about enzyme containing
washing products if they still are around.

Something else I might consider are washes and sprays designed for deer
hunters - I think you are one - that are said to get rid of human odors
on clothing.

Saw a good one the other day where undershirt with a few fibers
containing colloidal silver were odor free.

We tried the hunting products. They were not effective
against perfume.

Whenever I sit in a customer's chair to work on
their computers, I get soaked in the garbage. Or
breath their air. Takes three days to come out of
my lungs. Gives others in my house asthma.

Silver and copper threads are a great non-toxic antimicrobial.
That is where they remove odor. The keep B.O. from
starting.

Me thinks that those that LOVE to douce themselves with
these toxic chemicals should experience asthma for
a day. Maybe it would make them better neighbors?

Buy Valentine's Day Special Perfumes latestnews Metalworking 0 February 4th 11 05:42 AM
Buy Valentine's Day Special Perfumes latestnews Electronics Repair 0 February 4th 11 05:36 AM
tack cloths? trs80 Woodworking 19 February 1st 07 09:58 PM
Whirlpool cloths washer will not pump out p4o2 Home Repair 8 September 2nd 06 02:48 PM
Where buy powder laundry detergent with no perfumes? [email protected] Home Ownership 4 March 29th 06 04:28 PM