Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best and worst states for gun safety in America

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 17:04:29 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

You still never said where the money comes from. Nobody will be paying
your proposed tax if the transfers are banned along with most of the
guns. Bear in mind you are talking about more than $100 billion and
that is a very conservative estimate. $30-40 dollars from every man,
woman and child in the country. The value of the guns you want to
"justly compensate" for generally start at $500 each and can easily be
worth over a thousand.

A. the money will come from a tax on the sale any legal firearm and
ammunition.

So you would create a massive tax on each round, not a problem for a
criminal who doesn't really shoot often but it is always at someone
else. OTOH it pretty much shuts down the recreational shooting
business where a serious skeet or target shooter goes through
thousands of rounds a year.

B. Once SA weapons are criminalized, those people who feel the need to
own a firearm will be able to purchase non-semiautomatic rifles,
shotguns and sidearms. People can adequately protect themselves that
class of weapon.

... and commit their crimes with them.

C. If it were up to me, I would not compensate people anywhere near the
numbers you are speaking about. The weapons are now illegal and as
such have no legal value.

Then it is not just compensation then is it.

D. Our government would have no obligation to financially compensate
people for their now illegal weapons.

Thank god we have the NRA to protect us from nazis like you. I may
just send them a check.

Basically you are also making ammunition illegal too.

Not "basically", I am proposing that certain types of ammunition be
made illegal.

It is pretty
hard to think of a caliber that someone does not make a SA for. Good
luck. That worked so well with drugs.
You can see why we think we need an NRA when there are people like you
around.

No one is suggesting that you shouldn't have the NRA, but, it will come
to the point where no amount of lobbyist money will be able to
hold-back the flood of citizens that want change. The NRA only has 5
million members, which sounds like a lot, until you realize just how
many people reside in the USA.

My idea will not come to pass immediately, there will likely be more
mass shootings; concerts, day care centers, grammar and secondary
schools, movie theaters, political rallies, colleges, universities,
malls, places of work, etc. Eventually, the nation will have enough
and will take serious action.

It is only a matter of time for firearms that are tools of the trade
for mass murderers.

The Hysterical Howling Progressive Liberal Leftist Moonbat Commiecrat Freaks are free to give up THEIR rights but the problem is they think they can give up YOUR rights too. "Liberalism is a mental disorder." - Dr.Michael Savage. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Armed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

A. the money will come from a tax on the sale any legal firearm and
ammunition.

So you would create a massive tax on each round, not a problem for a
criminal who doesn't really shoot often but it is always at someone
else. OTOH it pretty much shuts down the recreational shooting
business where a serious skeet or target shooter goes through
thousands of rounds a year.

For all I care, there doesn't have to be compensation at all. If
required to be legal, then the compensation would be as low as possible
and the tax could be as low as 10% on weapons and ammunition and last
for the next century.

Whatever it takes, period.

B. Once SA weapons are criminalized, those people who feel the need
to own a firearm will be able to purchase non-semiautomatic rifles,
shotguns and sidearms. People can adequately protect themselves
that class of weapon.

... and commit their crimes with them.

Certainly not going to fire 150 rounds from a revolver, bolt action
rifle or pump action shotgun in 3 minutes. Or 1100 rounds from any
combination of the above, as a sniper from a broken window above a
concert, before being stopped.

I am not looking to eliminate all guns, just those that facilitate mass
murder.

The 2nd amendment is a vital consideration.

C. If it were up to me, I would not compensate people anywhere near
the numbers you are speaking about. The weapons are now illegal
and as such have no legal value.

Then it is not just compensation then is it.

Not concerned about "just" compensation, only whatever level of
compensation, if any, is required to comply with the constitution.

D. Our government would have no obligation to financially
compensate people for their now illegal weapons.

Thank god we have the NRA to protect us from nazis like you. I may
just send them a check.

If I were able to make our country safer, reduce national trauma and
preserve the republic; with the price being having to suffer your name
calling, then call me whatever names you wish.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

The guy who lectures the rest of us about the constitution thinks that the govt can and should seize a hundred million guns and give the owners 50 cents cause they are now illegal and worthless. Following that logic when they put a highway through your house they should give you 50 cents too because a house with a highway through it is worthless too.