Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thawing stuff out trick

Put it on the bottom of a heavy metal pan, tipped up a bit so the air
circulates under it, maybe with a sheet of foil under it the food if
the pan is not clean, then blow a fan over it. Things thaw out real
fast.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 4:04:33 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Put it on the bottom of a heavy metal pan, tipped up a bit so the air
circulates under it, maybe with a sheet of foil under it the food if
the pan is not clean, then blow a fan over it. Things thaw out real
fast.

When I'm at home, I put a piece of frozen dead animal in the microwave and press the defrost button. Your way is pretty cool. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Frosty Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 14:07:48 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 4:04:33 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Put it on the bottom of a heavy metal pan, tipped up a bit so the air
circulates under it, maybe with a sheet of foil under it the food if
the pan is not clean, then blow a fan over it. Things thaw out real
fast.

When I'm at home, I put a piece of frozen dead animal in the microwave and press the defrost button. Your way is pretty cool. ^_^

The microwave has a tendency to cook some parts and leave other parts
still frozen. Unfortunately the simple physics of microwaves says they
make hot stuff get hotter while ignoring the frozen part.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 4:04:33 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Put it on the bottom of a heavy metal pan, tipped up a bit so the air
circulates under it, maybe with a sheet of foil under it the food if
the pan is not clean, then blow a fan over it. Things thaw out real
fast.

When I'm at home, I put a piece of frozen dead animal in the microwave and press the defrost button. Your way is pretty cool. ^_^

The microwave has a tendency to cook some parts and leave other parts
still frozen. Unfortunately the simple physics of microwaves says they
make hot stuff get hotter while ignoring the frozen part.

The countertop microwave oven I have at home is quite old by today's standards but it is microprocessor controlled with a touch panel and pulses the magnetron so it doesn't ruin the frozen product. It takes a while but eventually gets the job done. I have another larger microwave over the stove that can turn food into a cinder in a very short time. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Burnt Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/05/2018 10:51 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

The countertop microwave oven I have at home is quite old by today's standards but it is microprocessor controlled with a touch panel and pulses the magnetron so it doesn't ruin the frozen product. It takes a while but eventually gets the job done. I have another larger microwave over the stove that can turn food into a cinder in a very short time. ^_^

I have an older microwave oven (JCPenney before they stopped selling
stuff other than clothes). The only time it failed I fixed it with a
69-cent fuse from Radio Shack. The only problem now it that it has lower
power (700W) than modern microwaves. It usually works to add 25% to the
cooking time.

People say a new one wouldn't last nearly as long.

BTW, defrost does pulse.

[8~{} Uncle Burnt Monster

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains a popular item."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 11:12:05 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 02/05/2018 10:51 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

The countertop microwave oven I have at home is quite old by today's standards but it is microprocessor controlled with a touch panel and pulses the magnetron so it doesn't ruin the frozen product. It takes a while but eventually gets the job done. I have another larger microwave over the stove that can turn food into a cinder in a very short time. ^_^

I have an older microwave oven (JCPenney before they stopped selling
stuff other than clothes). The only time it failed I fixed it with a
69-cent fuse from Radio Shack. The only problem now it that it has lower
power (700W) than modern microwaves. It usually works to add 25% to the
cooking time.

People say a new one wouldn't last nearly as long.

BTW, defrost does pulse.

Mine is about 45 years old and it is still going. I only use it to
warm up things so it is all I need and there is not that much to go
wrong in it. We used to have people dropping off broken microwaves at
the shop and it was always a bad timer/clock card. Mine doesn't have
one. It is just a spring wound timer.