Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why Australia and Asian allies are turning away from US to China

DONALD Trumps America First policy is opening new doors for China as
Australia and Asian nations turn away from the US.

KEY United States allies including Australia have lost faith in their
long-term ally as Donald Trumps America First policy helps shake up the
region.

However, its not just Asia the US is also feeling the pinch. A new
Gallup poll has found the worlds approval of the US leadership has
dropped to a new low.

A revealing CNN analysis has found US allies including Japan and South
Korea are increasingly looking towards Asian neighbours instead.

Growing uncertainty about Americas commitment and its apparent lack of
interest expressed by a US administration are taking hold.

Trumps bull in a China shop approach to foreign policy at times has
accentuated and accelerated Chinas growing influence its ability to
get states to realign, as the Philippines has apparently done.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...d2ee631d930a8c

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/29/2018 03:19 AM, Bod wrote:
DONALD Trumps America First policy is opening new doors for China as
Australia and Asian nations turn away from the US.

iirc, Rudd tried to become an honorary Chinaman long before Trump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 4:19:48 AM UTC-6, Bod wrote:
[...]

Bod, I'm curious about something. You're in Great Britain as I recall so the question is, why do have such a hard-on for President Trump? Don't you have problems where you are a citizen? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29/01/2018 22:30, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Because I see him as a threat to world peace. He acts like a bull in a
china shop. He is using brutal businessman tactics where diplomacy
should be. Tact he has not.
I'm a Conservative at heart, but voted UKIP in our last election just to
get us out of being controlled by the EU.

I can see what he is trying to do, but trying to run a country like a
business is just silly, IMO.
You only have to look around the globe to see how many countries and
leaders that he has distanced and he's done that all with his reckless talk.

Scotland sees him as a bully and they don't want him there.

This Is Why Lots Of Scottish People Hate Donald Trump - BuzzFeed
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hilarywardl...ple-hate-trump
13 Feb 2017 - Ever wondered why they keep calling him a c*nt? Read on.
--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod wrote:
[...]

Yes, China buying up Australia.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 2:30:42 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
[...]

Please, don't insult and confuse businessmen with Trump. The vast majority
of businessmen don't have the awful traits that Trump has. An example is
Trump's ******** meeting. He's supposed to be a great negotiator. That was
the worst example of "negotiating", he did exactly the opposite of what a
good negotiator, a good businessman would do. And the next step, when the
Democrats agreed to end the shutdown so they could proceed, Trump started
doing the narcissist victory dance, "they caved, I won". How productive is
that given that the whole immigration problem still has to be negotiated in
the next ten days? No, he's not what you see in a good businessman. He's
what you see in a narcissistic tyrant.

I'm a Conservative at heart, but voted UKIP in our last election just to
get us out of being controlled by the EU.

I can see what he is trying to do, but trying to run a country like a
business is just silly, IMO.

MAybe you can give us some examples of where he's trying to run the country
like a business. I sure don't see any CEOs running around doing the stupid
things he does, the tweeting for example. If he was the CEO of any major
US company, he would have been fired by now.

You only have to look around the globe to see how many countries and
leaders that he has distanced and he's done that all with his reckless talk.

I agree, but reckless talk is totally inconsistent with being a businessman..

Scotland sees him as a bully and they don't want him there.

This Is Why Lots Of Scottish People Hate Donald Trump - BuzzFeed
https://www.buzzfeed.com/hilarywardl...ple-hate-trump
13 Feb 2017 - Ever wondered why they keep calling him a c*nt? Read on.
--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 8:30:08 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 1:30:42 AM UTC-6, Bod wrote:
[...]

I'm guessing that public opinion in any country is molded by the news media. If the news media has an agenda where they spread calumny about someone, I imagine the people getting their information from said news media will develop a poor opinion of the news media's target. o_O

For decades, the United States has helped out other countries only to have them spit in our collective faces. Donald Trump saw this going on during his lifetime and like many Americans has had enough. I want to see billions of dollars spent to help American citizens instead of other countries where the people hate us and stab us in the back. I think the UN needs to find another home in some Leftist country. America First! Call us when you need help and we'll evaluate your request based on your behavior toward us. As usual, we'll come running anyway. President Trump is NOT Politically Correct and if you get offended by what he may have to say you can bugger off.

Trump isn't politically correct. Neither is he a gentleman.
Businessmen and politicians have operated forever without
offending people. It's pretty much part of the job. Trump
can't seem to manage that.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/30/2018 8:23 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

I'm not concerned if Trump offends anyone because he could sneeze and
the liberal left would find reason to critique it and shout obscenities
at him. He could raise his arm to wave at someone and the left will cry
"that's the Hitler salute!!" The whole idea of what a president should
behave like is ridiculous because if we even go there we could bring up
Kennedy and Clinton.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/30/2018 1:30 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

--*
Bod

Bod, I'm curious about something. You're in Great Britain as I recall
so the question is, why do have such a hard-on for President Trump?
Don't you have problems where you are a citizen? o_O

Because I see him as a threat to world peace. He acts like a bull in a
china shop. He is using brutal businessman tactics where diplomacy
should be. Tact he has not.
I'm a Conservative at heart, but voted UKIP in our last election just to
get us out of being controlled by the EU.

Trump is our president, and I am content with everything he is doing, so
far. World peace is a pie in the sky mindset that sounds good, but
really means zero.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 9:44:27 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
So what?

He got elected on that very atitude.

Shows that civility in this country is degraded.

It doesn't take any skill to tell someone to go to hell. It
takes great skill to tell them in such as way that they are
looking forward to the trip.

Cindy Hamilton

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 10:20:39 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Which you fail in ....

And that's why I'm a computer programmer, not a politician or
salesman.

:
: He got elected on that very atitude.
:
: Shows that civility in this country is degraded.
:
: It doesn't take any skill to tell someone to go to hell. It
: takes great skill to tell them in such as way that they are
: looking forward to the trip.
:
: Cindy Hamilton
:
: "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: --
: Bod
:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/30/2018 01:47 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 10:20:39 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Which you fail in ....

And that's why I'm a computer programmer, not a politician or
salesman.

Yup... We have a whole layer of people so the programmers won't have to
talk to the lusers directly. There a a couple of sites with very
competent people that I will work with directly but I do not suffer
fools gladly.

After I was hired into my present job about 18 years ago the engineering
director said the impression I gave during my interview was "Why are you
asking me this stupid ****?" I never did interview well...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 14:55:55 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

After I was hired into my present job about 18 years ago the engineering
director said the impression I gave during my interview was "Why are you
asking me this stupid ****?" I never did interview well...

I was asked once if I thought I "was better than a convict?"

"Yes I am." I'm not out raping, robbing and stealing. I'm here for
the job. Oh, I still have one doing they same.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

After I was hired into my present job about 18 years ago the engineering
director said the impression I gave during my interview was "Why are you
asking me this stupid ****?" I never did interview well...

I was asked once if I thought I "was better than a convict?"

"Yes I am." I'm not out raping, robbing and stealing. I'm here for
the job. Oh, I still have one doing they same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4g1i-lvYWA
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 4:55:48 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/30/2018 01:47 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 10:20:39 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Which you fail in ....

And that's why I'm a computer programmer, not a politician or
salesman.

Yup... We have a whole layer of people so the programmers won't have to
talk to the lusers directly. There a a couple of sites with very
competent people that I will work with directly but I do not suffer
fools gladly.

Luckily, our lusers are also engineers. Even though they're often
pathetically clueless outside their area of expertise, at least they
don't ask where the Any key is.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 10:03:52 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

The obvious problem with that theory is that Trump is not just being
criticized and disliked by liberal Democrats. He's lost many of the
independents. He's losing Latinos by the droves. A whole lot of people
believed the foolishness that his bizarre, disgusting behavior didn't
matter, because he was just putting on an act for the primary, for
the election, that he would change. He's only gotten worse and they
see it. That's why he's stuck at under 40% in the polls, the worst
ever recorded one year in to a presidency. You think it's peachy keen.
I'm waiting to see the results in the Nov election and then in 2020
if Trump manages to make it that far. Latinos for example, favor Democrats
in Nov by 64% to 19%. Instead of drawing people into the GOP, Trump
is driving them away. I'm a lifelong Republican and he disgusts me,
I'll never vote for him.

He could raise his arm to wave at someone and the left will cry
"that's the Hitler salute!!" The whole idea of what a president should
behave like is ridiculous because if we even go there we could bring up
Kennedy and Clinton.

--
Maggie

I see, so we should go with the lowest of the low and instead of rejecting
it, say that makes it OK to go much lower. And then you wonder why I
say you're the village idiot. Following that logic, your church should
close up shop, just accept murder, abortion, rape, it's all OK.

And note what JFK and Clinton did with women were wrong. If Trump
were just doing that, (and maybe he is, eg Stormy), it would be one
thing. But he's embarrassing the country with his stupid, irrational
childish behavior almost every day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 10:05:29 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 1/30/2018 1:30 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Spoken like the village idiot. The lives of millions of South Koreans
don't matter? The lives of US troops that wind up in battle when we
don't have peace? A nuke landing on your head? WTF?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 11:26:32 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
You of course are dead wrong...he is gaining support
in all classes in the working class.

According to whom, exactly? I follow RealClearPolitics, they track and
average together about 10 polls and he's been stuck below at below 40%
approval for 6 months, with 56% disapproval. That's what you get when
you average the credible polls.

You would not know this buase you conside yourself an all know elite.

Then there is last night;

The troopers and bod hardest hit...LOL

The stats don't lie.

ROFL! Trump says all the stats are lies when they don't show him in a
positive light. Yet you have the balls to tell us stats don't lie?

You have to start with the fact that CBS is the only poll that showed
such a high approval rating of the speech. And then understand that
it's a poll of people WHO WATCHED THE SPEECH. It doesn't take a statistical
genius to figure out that a lot more people who like Trump are going to
watch it, than people who dislike him. So, the poll is inherently
heavily biased in his favor.

The speech was fine. But everyone with any intelligence knows that it
was a speech that was written for Trump by pro speech writers and worked
by the masters trying to prop up the child. His problem isn't the speeches,
it's that within hours he'll be tweeting some childish nonsense or
****holing something.