Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do they sell 3 wire (with ground)) lamp cord?

I have a track light that's made to be wired to an electrical box. THe
location I am putting it, has no ceiling box, and would require extreme
damage to the building to run such a wire, and install a box. I wont do
that.

I have seen that some track lights come with cords, that just get
plugged into an outlet. That's what I want to do, and I have a device
that I can use to turn it on and off with a remote control. I am going
to be using three LED bulbs in the fixture, which will consume a total
of 36 watts. So I am not worried about overloading the circuit.

But I have a brand new track light fixture, but it's made to be hard
wired. I can easily attach a standard lamp cord to it, since there are
wire screws on the connection piece. But it appears that the fixtures
made to be plugged in, contain 3 wires with a ground.

Rather than spend $50 for a complete fixture, containing a plug in cord,
I'd rather just buy some wire and a plug, and use what I already have.

The local hardware store only has 2 wire cord. But they are a small
store. Yet, I dont recall ever seeing 3 wire lamp cord.
Yea, I know I could probably use the round cable made for extension
cords, like that orange stuff, but I'm trying to make this visually
appealing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Google broken?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-8-ft-White-Replacement-Cord-Set-with-Polarized-Plug-on-One-End-54475/203742110?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|google|D29B+Bath+Van ities&mid=s9JnGEXSz|dm_mtid_8903syd25186_pcrid_412 93307497_pkw__pmt__product_203742110_slid_&gclid=C jwKCAiA47DTBRAUEiwA4luU2dysyoNlMMNMQKQq1UGh5w-mc5oC-XEFojClj-lcjyHCMYHAX6HMYRoCrLgQAvD_BwE
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/27/2018 06:41 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Google broken?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-8-ft-White-Replacement-Cord-Set-with-Polarized-Plug-on-One-End-54475/203742110?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|google|D29B+Bath+Van ities&mid=s9JnGEXSz|dm_mtid_8903syd25186_pcrid_412 93307497_pkw__pmt__product_203742110_slid_&gclid=C jwKCAiA47DTBRAUEiwA4luU2dysyoNlMMNMQKQq1UGh5w-mc5oC-XEFojClj-lcjyHCMYHAX6HMYRoCrLgQAvD_BwE

.

Hey Trump_hater_4, the OP wanted 3-wire.Â* Pay attention!Â* ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 7:48:49 AM UTC-5, In Trump We Trust wrote:

Hey Trump_hater_4, the OP wanted 3-wire.Â* Pay attention!Â* ;-)

K, here's one :

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/42...hoCQ_oQAvD_BwE

https://www.target.com/p/grounded-ex...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

They are flat, white, grounded. One is even made for track lighting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In Trump We Trust wrote:

Hey Trump_hater_4

As if calling anyone a "Trump Hater" is an insult! That is the same as
calling them a brilliant patriot!

LOL!

--
Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth