Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Keep the cushion in place

The cushion shown here constantly comes out from the sofa.

I have tried using large patches of velcro on both the bottom and back, yet the problem persists.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/moqpq6h803...hion.jpeg?dl=0

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 11:07:07 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

The cushion shown here constantly comes out from the sofa.

I have tried using large patches of velcro on both the bottom and back, yet the problem persists.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/moqpq6h803...hion.jpeg?dl=0

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

Maybe something like cousin ties. They can be sewn on the back and the
cushion and tied. My wife made some for the outdoor Adirondack
chairs.

sample:

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/12024372/images/h09055-12_739__1.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The cushion shown here constantly comes out from the sofa.

I have tried using large patches of velcro on both the bottom and back, yet the problem persists.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/moqpq6h803...hion.jpeg?dl=0

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

Maybe something like cousin ties. They can be sewn on the back and the
cushion and tied. My wife made some for the outdoor Adirondack
chairs.

sample:

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/12024372/images/h09055-12_739__1.jpg

Thanks.

You are a genius.

Made my day. :-)

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The cushion shown here constantly comes out from the sofa.

I have tried using large patches of velcro on both the bottom and back, yet the problem persists.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/moqpq6h803...hion.jpeg?dl=0

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

Maybe something like cousin ties. They can be sewn on the back and the
cushion and tied. My wife made some for the outdoor Adirondack
chairs.

sample:

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/12024372/images/h09055-12_739__1.jpg

I am having problems attaching something to the sofa.

When I try to drill through the material to attach an anchor, the bit breaks due to fabric wrapping around it.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The cushion shown here constantly comes out from the sofa.

I have tried using large patches of velcro on both the bottom and back, yet the problem persists.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/moqpq6h803...hion.jpeg?dl=0

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

Maybe something like cousin ties. They can be sewn on the back and the
cushion and tied. My wife made some for the outdoor Adirondack
chairs.

sample:

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/12024372/images/h09055-12_739__1.jpg

I am having problems attaching something to the sofa.

When I try to drill through the material to attach an anchor, the bit breaks due to fabric wrapping around it.

Andy

Some suggestions he
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.home.repair/n5mf_89nGbw
or http://alturl.com/dto98

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

you need one of these and the clips. You'll never be able to
drill through the material and pad
http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/N...dle/index.html
http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/N...nts/index.html

or you might try using some waffle pad shelf lining, it
should keep it fom slipping.Your problem lies in the front
edge of our sofa just below the front edge of the cushion.
It should be built up about 1 1/2" taller than the
deck/platform below the cushions. This is what keeps
cushions from slipping out

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's a good idea.

I ordered this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-Grip-H...53.m2749.l2649

If it doesn't work, I will attach a barrier in front of the cushion.

Andy