Default Problems with 2 Cushion Lazy-Boy Sofa

Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a Lazy-Boy Sofa that has 2 cushions.
Here's a photo:

http://www.la-z-boy.com/ourfurniture...ct.aspx?pid=53

I plan to do a lot of lying down on this sofa (perhaps falling asleep
in it), and was wondering if the cushions would wear out quicker than
if I had a 3 cushion sofa. After all, most of my weight would be
centered around my "middle area"...exactly where the two cushions meet
on the sofa. Perhaps these chairs are made to be able to take this
sort of situation.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

MaryL

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a Lazy-Boy Sofa that has 2 cushions.
Here's a photo:

http://www.la-z-boy.com/ourfurniture...ct.aspx?pid=53

I plan to do a lot of lying down on this sofa (perhaps falling asleep
in it), and was wondering if the cushions would wear out quicker than
if I had a 3 cushion sofa. After all, most of my weight would be
centered around my "middle area"...exactly where the two cushions meet
on the sofa. Perhaps these chairs are made to be able to take this
sort of situation.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

I have that type of sofa, and it really has shown a great deal of wear in
the middle -- just as you described. I think it is partly from lying down
but also because a person sitting on the sofa obviously has to sit on the
same two cushions. With a 3-cushion sofa, a person can move around more
(and therefore distribute potential wear over a wider area).

MaryL

Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a Lazy-Boy Sofa that has 2 cushions.
Here's a photo:

For the original poster.

IMO and I own one a 2 cushion sofa is never comfortable to lie down on.
Your butt hits the joint of the 2 cushions. I even gave the sleeper model a
test lay before we bought. It was fine. The 2 cushion with no sleeper is a
bummer.

Colbyt