Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this on plug?

Anyone know what it is that the arrow is pointing at?

It's a plug for a clothes iron.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5zudnx8xo...nail.jpeg?dl=0
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:29:54 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
Anyone know what it is that the arrow is pointing at?

It's a plug for a clothes iron.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5zudnx8xo...nail.jpeg?dl=0

When you roll the cord up or wrap it around the iron, that slot will clip on to the edge of the flat cord and keep the cord from unraveling. Try it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Iron Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:44:16 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:29:54 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
Anyone know what it is that the arrow is pointing at?

It's a plug for a clothes iron.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5zudnx8xo...nail.jpeg?dl=0

When you roll the cord up or wrap it around the iron, that slot will clip on to the edge of the flat cord and keep the cord from unraveling. Try it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Iron Monster

That is what I was thinking to, but wasn't sure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/16/2018 2:44 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:29:54 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
Anyone know what it is that the arrow is pointing at?

It's a plug for a clothes iron.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5zudnx8xo...nail.jpeg?dl=0

When you roll the cord up or wrap it around the iron, that slot will clip on to the edge of the flat cord and keep the cord from unraveling. Try it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Iron Monster

exactly why its there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:44:26 PM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:29:54 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
Anyone know what it is that the arrow is pointing at?

It's a plug for a clothes iron.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5zudnx8xo...nail.jpeg?dl=0

When you roll the cord up or wrap it around the iron, that slot will clip on to the edge of the flat cord and keep the cord from unraveling. Try it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Iron Monster

Thanks.

Handy idea.

Andy

Mailman could not deliver mail because of frozen mailbox.

I offered the use of a torch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:22:08 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:44:26 PM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:29:54 PM UTC-6, Andy wrote:
Anyone know what it is that the arrow is pointing at?

It's a plug for a clothes iron.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5zudnx8xo...nail.jpeg?dl=0

When you roll the cord up or wrap it around the iron, that slot will clip on to the edge of the flat cord and keep the cord from unraveling. Try it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Iron Monster

Thanks.

Handy idea.

Andy

Mailman could not deliver mail because of frozen mailbox.

I offered the use of a torch.

You're welcome! I'm glad to share my paltry store of knowledge with my fellow denizens of Usenet. I'm in Birmingham, Alabamastan and we have an ice event in progress where a light dusting of snow is going to freeze into black ice on the roads making travel dangerous at best. Schools, businesses, and some roads are already closed. The dang hospitals are already full of flu victims so I wonder what else can go wrong? There have already been some accidents on bridges and curves. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Ice Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:55:18 PM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I live in El Lago, Tx.

Though it is in the 20s, it's tropical compared to many other places.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/17/18 10:44 AM, Andy wrote:

I live in El Lago, Tx.

Though it is in the 20s, it's tropical compared to many other places.

Andy

There's a town in Russia that hit minus 83ΒΊ.
Article he
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/big-freeze-russias-yakutia-sees-record-cold-spell-52375908